Think i may need help soon!

Oh it gets even better............now YOU get to read and read and read.......start with one area.....clearing algae or such....learn all you can about that subject. THEN start helping others!

Another section I LOVE is the "under construction". You get to help pick out tile and plaster and help spend other people's money! It is a BLAST!

:hug:

Kim:cat:

Ha! I would say that's pretty darn good if your FC didn't drop much after a nice swim!

Can you check your FC again tonight and test FC and CC early tomorrow morning? If so, you would be doing an OCLT. Here's the link again: Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT)

If not, just check FC/CC when you get up. Let's check CYA (if it's sunny) to make sure you are at 30. Also, I would love a TA reading.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For future reference, use the FAS-DPD test unless you are only wanting to check if your FC is above or below 5. Otherwise, don't bother. I haven't used my OTO (the test pic you showed) in years....

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Are you going to try the OCLT? If so, stop partying, stop baking our cookies, and get to sleep. You need to test close to sunrise for the OCLT. (I do it in my jammies and go back to bed...)

- - - Updated - - -

If no OCLT tonight, no worries.

I will set my alarm to get me up early enough to go out and do this test before too much sunlight gets to the pool and post my results. :) do you want me to go ahead and run the full Litany of tests at that time or just the when you're talking about and then run a full set of tests later on in the morning

Here a set of links I give to new pool owners. I am sharing them with you as they really help pool owners the basics of their pools. I really want you to learn and know the ABC of pools. That is the corner stone of TFP. You know what to do, with this you will know the WHY. It has been a blast helping you clear your pool. I am hoping you will stick around and help others or just to chat and share!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I think you have already found most of these but don't want to leave any out just in case you have not found them.

:hug: Have an awesome, pool filled day today!

Kim:cat:

I've actually already printed out a couple of those and have been studying up. I will have a busy couple of weeks coming up but I plan to stick with this and stay with the forum and as I gain more confidence in my knowledge I would love to be able to help others that are in the same situation! I got up at 6 a.m. this morning to get that reading and never went back to bed and I have just been swimming around by myself for about an hour now. It is so peaceful and I'm so relaxed , it feels wonderful! My homemade bug skimmer is working wonders still and I love coming out in the morning and seeing that most of the bugs in my pool are floating around on my little bug Island!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.