TFP Meet the Expert!

For the camera shy and band width poor, you have the option to turn off the camera and depending on the device you are zooming on you can load a photo to show as your avatar or just your registered name. Also Marty recorded on speaker view, so only the person speaking was on the actual video recording. ( Your place in the witness protection program is safe.)

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”​

― Albert Einstein

Nice job. I am going to re-review the first ten minutes again, as that is probably the best FC/CYA explanation that I have ever heard. I need to memorize it for my hard sells to the neighbors. I guess I didn't understand it enough myself to explain it to a six year old. The beginning of the video probably could.

I am not sure I actually learned anything new from the YouTube video but it was extremely smooth-- it almost sounded like a podcast. I think it's a great idea to do again. Maybe something technical on SWCG's... I am the oddball who has the best luck with 50-60 CYA with mine, but I also have a 2 lb/day generator on a 14K pool...

Reactions: DanF and markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Me and @mguzzy watching the Zoom while having our OWN show......

That would be a scary show. it would be:
Bill And Ted Party On GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Half of the time we are the surfer dudes. The other half we are the cranky old timers kavetching about the kids on our lawns. :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking we could do a YT equivalent of Car Talk... we can call it Pool Talk (I'm not above obviously plagiarizing the name). That way we can tease, joke and otherwise goof around before telling the caller to put a pizza box under their pool and call us next week with the result. Having hit the big time, 'Dude and I take the show on the road!:

crossdressing season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

I was thinking maybe the "Zen of TFP"... Marie Kondo style.... if that expensive Leslie's magic potion does not bring you joy, then eliminate it from your life. We can have the presenter wear a psuedo-silk kimono and burn incense in the background-- sticks but NOT tablets!

'I could go on and on and on, but eventually I'd have legal trouble. Best to keep it to the current format! :)

Fred

I was thinking we could do a YT equivalent of Car Talk... we can call it Pool Talk (I'm not above obviously plagiarizing the name). That way we can tease, joke and otherwise goof around before telling the caller to put a pizza box under their pool and call us next week with the result. Having hit the big time, 'Dude and I take the show on the road!:

crossdressing season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

This year I highly doubt we'll see any new YouTube video's being produced by TFP as it's simply a TON of work. That said, I'd like to see if we can keep the YouTube channel slightly active somehow, which got me to thinking about our Zoom Meetings..................

What would you think about maybe taking some of the recordings of a Zoom Meeting and airing it on YouTube for the public to view too?

That is the exact message I had sent to Marty that got all this kicked off. I had zero idea how much effort it would take, zero idea who else would join us, zero idea how well it would go. The sole thing I know is that TFP wasn’t going to produce new content this year, but I greatly wanted the YouTube Channel to continue to grow. I think it’s safe to say the initial video was a success. It seems that not only did users enjoyed watching the discussions, there was some enjoyment from us behind the webcam as well. All of us pool geeks enjoyed discussing pools just as much as you hopefully enjoyed watching.

While I don’t know the exact details yet, it’s safe to say we found a new idea to reach our users. We’ve learned some new tricks from this first video, we’ve pinpointed some areas of opportunity, and we’ve got plans for future videos already. For now I’m going to close this thread, but stay tuned for more chats. 👍👍

Lee

Just another heads up, tomorrow you’ll maybe able to watch Matt and I fall on our faces yet again…..only harder!

Tomorrow around 2pm EST users (may) will be able to view Matt and I discuss some pool related topics live on YouTube. Make sure you subscribe to YouTube and click to get notified of new content. When we go live (hopefully) you’ll get a notification and will allow you to simply click the message and enjoy the show. I have NO idea how well this is going to work, so stay tuned and we apologize in advance for any issues that will come up.

We’re so gonna fail 😂

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.