TFP Meet the Expert!

Ok. I apologize for the constant blur to my image. Obviously trying to hide my messy home office using Zoom background blur was a bad choice. My bad, won’t happen again. I guess I’ll have to finally get my office cleaned up…. Or …. I’ll get a green screen and project the surface of Mars behind me 🤔
No worries, I had to avoid the kids by sitting outside. Lighting looked fine when I tried earlier in the morning…..as the sun moved over the house I was left with horrid video quality myself.

I wasn't able to make the 11am (1800z) start time. But I did hop on for the last 30 minutes or so.

Matt was quite engaging and (as always) knowledgeable. Lee sounded exactly the same as when I spoke with him on the phone last year. And apparently AI technology has greatly improved as the Marty bot was very fluid and dynamic. :p

Seriously, this was a fantastic idea and I hope to see more of these Zoom sessions in the near future. While I don't have a camera, it was good to put faces to names. I especially liked the picture of Maddie's ceiling :poke:

I wasn't able to make the 11am (1800z) start time. But I did hop on for the last 30 minutes or so.

Matt was quite engaging and (as always) knowledgeable. Lee sounded exactly the same as when I spoke with him on the phone last year. And apparently AI technology has greatly improved as the Marty bot was very fluid and dynamic. :p

Seriously, this was a fantastic idea and I hope to see more of these Zoom sessions in the near future. While I don't have a camera, it was good to put faces to names. I especially liked the picture of Maddie's ceiling :poke:

Hey it’s a Zoom meeting, considering everyone managed to keep their clothes on and not have any “hot mic” moments, I’d say it was a smashing success …

• Haha
Reactions: mguzzy and proavia
If you watched closely you catch an occasional glimpse of Maddie's hubs "Skippy" trying to catch a nap.

I must say however, that again we see Woody in most of his glory, while Kim is no where to be found. Now I'm not one to float conspiracy theories, but you never see them in the same place. I'm just sayin'.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Sorry I missed it, 4am was always going to be a challenge.

I’ve started watching but had to pause to get my note pad and pencil, I’m starting to compile a list of questions.

Good job. (y)

Come join us this Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 2 pm EDT/11 am PDT for a new feature. JoyfulNoise (aka Matt) will be joining us to review a few relevant subjects about pool water chemistry with a time for Q&A after. We will be using Zoom. Questions will be submitted via Chat during the Zoom call. Any questions that we do not get to during the call we will address separately in a thread on the forum.

We will be recording the session and hope to link to it via TFP-TV for future viewing.

Just click on the Zoom Link below on Saturday, May 1 at 2 pm EDT/11 am PDT. Hope to see you there!

Martin Knauss is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: TFP Meet the Expert!
Time: May 1, 2021 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Link

Meeting ID: 890 1694 0790
Passcode: 315951
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89016940790#,,,,*315951# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,89016940790#,,,,*315951# US (San Jose)
Gosh I hate that I missed this!

I was rolling around in this mess (of course I fell several times)

I was wet, muddy and bloody. It wasn’t a good time for electronics. :ROFLMAO: But it’s done and out. So there is that.
0618EE11-1B8A-40F0-AFE4-5B1E413EC0D2.jpeg6DC5B0EE-4251-43BA-B9FA-7E073F258740.jpeg

Come join us this Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 2 pm EDT/11 am PDT for a new feature. JoyfulNoise (aka Matt) will be joining us to review a few relevant subjects about pool water chemistry with a time for Q&A after. We will be using Zoom. Questions will be submitted via Chat during the Zoom call. Any questions that we do not get to during the call we will address separately in a thread on the forum.

We will be recording the session and hope to link to it via TFP-TV for future viewing.

Just click on the Zoom Link below on Saturday, May 1 at 2 pm EDT/11 am PDT. Hope to see you there!

Martin Knauss is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: TFP Meet the Expert!
Time: May 1, 2021 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom Link

Meeting ID: 890 1694 0790
Passcode: 315951
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89016940790#,,,,*315951# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,89016940790#,,,,*315951# US (San Jose)
Matt, Marty, Lee thanks much for organizing and taking your time to this!. I think these discussions are great and there are so many topics that would get great interest including DIY projects, SWG, Automation, pump discussions... I could go on and on. Maybe even some of the cutting edge electronics adaptations like the Raspberry Pi stuff would be good too. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of this site is all the expertise and experience of our experts and members. Showing it off a little with these virtual sessions is great for TFP and will certainly help all members a lot.

Thanks again!

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. I apologize for the constant blur to my image. Obviously trying to hide my messy home office using Zoom background blur was a bad choice. My bad, won’t happen again. I guess I’ll have to finally get my office cleaned up…. Or …. I’ll get a green screen and project the surface of Mars behind me 🤔
I think you can take a picture of your pool and make it your backdrop. At least my wife can in teams.

I wasn’t able to join live unfortunately, but just watched the video. Really well done, and count me as a “yes” vote for more videos.

I was a little disappointed though that @JoyfulNoise didn’t look like his avatar pic. Oh and that @mknauss didn’t suggest that viewers read ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry :ROFLMAO: Kidding of course, it was great to see everyone virtually.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and Leebo
I couldnt make the live broadcast, but caught the replay. Very nice work and hope to see more of Marty rocking out with the air pods.

I’ve noticed a few people mentioning that they missed it and so forth so I wanted to again share that it’s posted on YouTube already. Subscribe to the channel as I do hope to upload more here in the future,
Trouble Free Pool on YouTube
Just watched the video. Excellent job Mark, Lee, and Matt! I’m continually learning and this really helped - particularly the basis of the FC/CYA recommendations and how they are climate-affected.

Please do more videos.

So, ideas:

SWCG session
SLAM session
Equipment - Pumps, Filters, Heaters, oh my.
Above Ground Pools (yeah, vested interest here!)
Thinking about building? Things to keep in mind.

etc.
Great list and great Zoom session yesterday! To the above I would like to add a session (or segment) on how to test the various elements of water chemistry: FC/CC, pH, TA, CYA, and CH. Discuss the process and reagents for each, and what the endpoints should look like.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.