TFP Meet the Expert!

rocky horror picture show anticipation GIF

Back in my days as a working stiff, I once spent several years (about 4 or so) interacting with a fellow engineer at another corporate site. All of our communications were via the internal corporate messaging system; we never once spoke on the phone or met each other in person. His name was Dave and we would tell jokes, complain about stuff and generally have a good laugh at each other's expense ... oh, and we got work done too. It was one of the best working-relationships in my long career .... Then one day we had chance to be invited to the same cross-site videoconference meeting and we both logged on and saw and spoke to each other for the first time .... Suffice it to say that we were both terribly disappointed.

There's a lesson to be learned here and my advice is this - aim low, then you too won't be disappointed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd like to attend but I have a 1pm cst board gaming thing going on... it's a good idea though. I'd like to attend a live one at some point.

Please note, there's a HUGE chance that this turns into three dolts rambling about nothing, but there's also a slim chance that we're pleased with the results. If that's the case I do fully plan on taking the recording and uploading that to TFP's YouTube Page in the near future. I'll keep you updated on our future plans and if it's online to view at a later date. :)

I hope it gets uploaded. I have work tomorrow. I'm on a 5 week rotating schedule, which gives me a 3 day, then 4 day, then 3 day weekend. Unfortunately, this weekend isn't one of them. I'm currently in the rotation of 3 six day work weeks in between those long weekends. That's the trade-off.

but there's also a slim chance that we're pleased with the results
I reckon the chances are more than just slim.

Not sure if I'll make it that early on a Sunday morning Melbourne time. Can I join in my PJs instead of my Speedos?

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats
@mguzzy Get World Clock - Time Zones - Microsoft Store
Please note, there's a HUGE chance that this turns into three dolts rambling about nothing, but there's also a slim chance that we're pleased with the results. If that's the case I do fully plan on taking the recording and uploading that to TFP's YouTube Page in the near future. I'll keep you updated on our future plans and if it's online to view at a later date. :)
Lee posts a heavily edited video consisting of greetings, an awkward pause, wrap up statements, and attendees waving bye bye.

Kellyfair you can cross off the pet spotting space. Unless its her naptime Abbott will be making appearance. She loves zoom meetings. She likes to sit in front of the screen and swat at the people.

• Haha
Reactions: kellyfair
I may just have to join this.... New Pool in Feb, salt converted a month ago.... fired the pool guy today. (they were uh, not good)

Starting the process of bringing my TA down tomorrow morning. (Pool Math in my profile, lots of notes)

so this seems like brilliant timing.

oh darn, missed it. Skippy got bested and was out early at the Bocce tourney (wind blew the balls all over the place) so we rushed back to the hotel and I tried to sign on but no one there.... drats. Looks like y'all bugged out too.

Maddie

• Sad
Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.