TF-100 kit quick reference guide testing instructions

This is great. Thanks for setting it up. Couple of requests
1. on CYA can the Calculate be reworded to "fill level rounded up to highest whole number" - you may have better wording. Goal is to not read 42, 45 or 48 but go up to 50 if between 40 and 50
2. Can you create a PDF and post so it can be downloaded?

Well "gradation closest to fill level" does not follow TFP methods and can result in setting your FC lower then recommended.

For TFP methods you round CYA UP. If the dot disappears between 40 and 30 you round up and record 40.

Last edited:
🌈 I like the color coding! 🌈 I have something similar in a spreadsheet but never thought o print it out since I have the laminated card that came with my kit. I LIKE!

How about "Round up to next highest gradation"

What is a gradation?

How about simple English and call it a line?

Hah gradation is what is written on the kit instructions. I did not know abt rounding up, and that wording is tricky since “Up” on the cylinder is the lower number. Perhaps this can be clarified on the original instructions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You Fishes! Your thread got me motivated and liberally plagiarized your reference card to update my own reference that I had on a spread sheet. I like your concept and I'll probably laminate a copy and leave it in my test kit. Even though I now have them all memorized I realized if I have someone else do the tests they can reference the card in a jiffy!
Pool Tests Reference spreadsheet.JPG

You Fishes! Your thread got me motivated and liberally plagiarized your reference card to update my own reference that I had on a spread sheet. I like your concept and I'll probably laminate a copy and leave it in my test kit. Even though I now have them all memorized I realized if I have someone else do the tests they can reference the card in a jiffy!
View attachment 322457
Can you make this a PDF as it is easier to print and file. Thanks for doing this

Reactions: texasAUtiger
View attachment 322457
Fantastic! If you move the Salt column to the left of TA, you level up visually since it's more consistent with a rainbow :love:

Fantastic! If you move the Salt column to the left of TA, you level up visually since it's more consistent with a rainbow :love:
I arranged them by the frequency I do the tests.. I used the colors of the bottle lids/stickers instead of the Pool Math app. It made more sense to me that way. I started adding tid-bits of information to the sheet from the tips and tricks I read about here and so it recently sprouted a notes section.

Can you make this a PDF as it is easier to print and file. Thanks for doing this
I'll work up a PDF version. The other side of the card had the CYA chart, Recommended levels for my pool, And other useful things so if I am out at the pool and have a questions I don't have to run back in the house and log in to TFP, or pull up it up on my phone when my hands are wet.

You may say, this is a weird shape? But I it did it that way on purpose so it fits into the lid of my TestKit box.

Last edited:
Hi all.. So tweaked my reference card again.. this PDF version will print on a 8x11 size paper and is laid out so you can cut it out, fold it in half and laminate it. My little laminator does 4 x 6 sheets, so that is what size I made it for. I added colors to the midpoints and end points so it looks close to what you are shooting for. I hope this helps others. And thanks to @ThirstyFish for starting this thread otherwise I would have never posted this.
Pool Tests Reference sheet_2page version.JPG

Attachments

• Pool Test Quick Reference_2 page ver.pdf
    39.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.