Taming the big green monster

I would go with a glued union at that spot since you already have pvc. Those rubber things are terrible. Hose clamps are also terrible. I assume you have that fitting so you can winterize. A union will make that a snap.
In the interim you can sure your bets with 2 hose clamps on each side of the rubber thing. Right next to each other.
Hubby said great idea using a union at the pump. We do have them on the skimmer and return lines at the pool entries.
Yes, we need to remove pump in the winter to protect it from freeze damage.
Thanks.

Back in business 185 gallons later. :thumleft:
Pump running. Added bleach. Forgot about waiting till after the backwash. :roll:
So, after vacuuming, we'll deep clean the filter with the hose instead of using pool water to backwash.

Reactions: newdude
It's been a long day.
Vacuumed, deep cleaned filter, tested and added bleach earlier. Now out of regent so added 1 qt 10% before putting the not-green-but-cloudy monster to bed. :sleep:
In order to sleep tonight without nightmares, we'll be turning off the pump after my nighttime snack.
Looking forward to getting those regents in the mail tomorrow. And that wouldn't be too soon.

+1. There's 2 kinds of Ferncos. Ones that have popped off, and ones that wait until you turn out of the driveway on your way to work a double shift before they pop.
They're not meant for pressurized piping but rather gravity drainage in accessible areas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Day 5: a bit late with the post pics. Looking better. You can barely see the vacuum head in the deep end. 20230414_105046.jpg20230414_105020.jpg20230414_104652.jpgTime to break out the P.O.P. (pool owner patience).
Sand filters take a long time to clear the water. Continuing the SLAM.

Attachments

• 20230414_104641.jpg
    20230414_104641.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 7
When fc losses slow down & you’ll be home to babysit try a little de.
You probably know how but here’s the link

Reactions: mariane
I just got them myself. Takes a bit of practice to open them up. <sigh> I'll use 'em up and go for a different one next order. My previous order of a different type had the elastic dry rot or something while stored outside in the pool shed.

Maddie 🌻

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.