Switching to SWG Need Model Advice

May 11, 2011
After years of using bleach (and getting small bleach marks on my clothes) Ive decided to go the SWG route. With the current promo at Discount Salt, Im trying to decide between the Edge 40 and RJ-45. Pool is a AG 24' round, so around 13,500gal. My pump is a 2.0HP 2-speed Waterway that I generally run on low speed for about 12hrs per day.

Reactions: Shirker
For the SWCG I like the circupool brand which I've personally installed a few. Look for one in the 30k capacity size because we like the cell minimum2X pool capacity. The difference comes down to adjustability percentage wise when dialing in the setting. RJ units have the most incremental adjustments which makes it easier to corner your setting. If you go with VS pump, they can be programed on the pump itself and the you'd only need a timer for the SWCG.

Last edited:
After years of using bleach (and getting small bleach marks on my clothes) Ive decided to go the SWG route. With the current promo at Discount Salt, Im trying to decide between the Edge 40 and RJ-45. Pool is a AG 24' round, so around 13,500gal. My pump is a 2.0HP 2-speed Waterway that I generally run on low speed for about 12hrs per day.
Either model will do fine for your pool. The RJ has a bit more flexibility in % generation settings.

I have a 28K pool and have the Edge40. I like the fact it's a newer generation and your adjusting the power output vs running wide open for a certain percentage of the time.
Plus the controller runs cool and I don't think it has an internal fan to fail ( haven't taken it apart.to confirm ) but I can't hear anything running.
I run my pump 24x7 on very low pressure and have it st to 30% output and that keeps my FC around 7

The Edge 40 would be a great fit for your pool :) It is a 3rd gen SWG and a 7 year warranty..

You can run them many ways.. I run 100% for the amount of time needed and shut it off.... Some like @markayash run all the time at a lower %... I also keep mine about 7 FC at all times, never any issues.. (y)

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.