Swimming Cat!

That is so sad! I lost one of my cats last month. A beautiful tortoise shell named Trixie. She was 13 years old. She didn't swim but she had a talent for knocking things over and was famous for her love of steak, fried chicken, and ice cubes.

I'm sorry about your kitty, she sounds sweet. We're totally cat people here.

We lost one about 1.5w ago. He was not himself (not talking, talking, talking), decided to watch him overnight. Emergency vets have always been so costly, and if he was really sick we wouldn't have enough $ anyway. So far it's always been ok the next day to go see the regular vet after spending $$$ the night before. We don't know what happened, might have gotten hit by a car but he didn't have wounds or sore spots.

Put him in my son's room overnight and gave him some cat bup (leftover from the last one who got hit). He jumped out my son's high window, laid down and died in the yard the next morning. He hadn't been gone long when he was found. It hit me harder than I thought. My son coming up to wake me with "Boggo died!" has been re-lived in my mind so many times. Second guessing our decision to save $2,000 on an exam, IV, xrays, and overnight stay which is what it was last time but unnecessary...

My son loves kitties more than life itself. He's a 19yo crazy cat lady.

Some have 9 lives. Some apparently don't. :~{

That is so sad! I lost one of my cats last month. A beautiful tortoise shell named Trixie. She was 13 years old. She didn't swim but she had a talent for knocking things over and was famous for her love of steak, fried chicken, and ice cubes.
Sorry to hear that, we lost one of our cats a year ago and we were sad for a long time. Since then we got another one. Wish we could teach our cats to swim :cheers:

It’s a common misconception that cats don’t like water. Truth is, domesticated house cats don’t like water, feral cats however, will routinely go in water to catch pray.
As far as my 2 fur balls, one hates it, and the other goes in the shower (as you’re getting out) to sit her butt in the puddles. ?

We had a cat, and two dogs. The cat was know to chase something on the patio and fall into the pool. He did not like that at all. The only animal that has not fallen inot the pool is one dog that likes swimming in the pool. Jumps, does not fall in.

As a teenager I worked for a professional cat breeder. If you start kittens young they are surprisingly tolerant of water. The adults are a different story altogether. Trying to bath a big male Persian to get him ready for a show usually meant one of the groomers was going to get hurt. My suggestion to have him fixed didn't go over very well considering the stud fee he commanded.

It’s a common misconception that cats don’t like water. Truth is, domesticated house cats don’t like water, feral cats however, will routinely go in water to catch pray.
As far as my 2 fur balls, one hates it, and the other goes in the shower (as you’re getting out) to sit her butt in the puddles. ?
Funny we have one cat that will sit on tub while in the shower however he will not come in :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DC9C9O.jpg

Reactions: markayash
Just lost my Ozzy not long ago. He was having neurological issues and couldn't walk. He was also spazzing out. The vet urged us to put him down due to possibly being infected with rabies. He was cleared of rabies (we had him tested after he was put down). Very difficult decision for us. I made the decision based on the safety of our granddaughter and the other pets in the house. Our other kitty Oakley is lost without him. They used to WWF in the house when the lights went out. I actually miss hearing things crash n bang all through the night. They were something else.

Reactions: markayash
We've found that the older kitties take very well to kittens. We're 2 kittens plus now, and the bumps in the night continue throughout the day. Crazy cat lady boy (cat whisperer) is also taking very well to the newbies. He shows me kitties multiple times a day ("look mom, isn't he's sweet? Give him a kiss.").

Hate to say "replace", but better to call it "renew". There's a lot of kitties who need loving homes out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.