SWG setup for Saltron Mini in Pool Math?

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Switching to SWG in my hot tub! Just read an interesting medical article on long term effects of bromine - one of them is significant. The primary effect is that it can lead to or enhance hyperthyroidism. So, bromine is now gone, and the Saltron Mini is in.

Is there a way to select a Saltron Mini in Pool Math for my hot tub? I can enter in the 0.00859375 lbs/day manually (1.1 oz), but it goes away each time.

I see options for Saltron, but not for the Mini. How do the rest of you do this?

Thanks!

Reactions: markayash
P,

My mini just runs for a number of hours each night.. I don't use pool math to determine the amount of FC it makes.

I simply have it set to run X hours.. I test my FC the next day and adjust the time up or down based upon my test results..

You don't have to do that very often, once you get a feel for how much FC your spa uses.

Thanks

Jim R.

P,

I have a small 200 gallon spa.. I run the mini 6 hours every night.

I initially add liquid chlorine to get the FC where I want it and then use the SWCG to keep it there.

Thanks,

Jim R.

How many gallons is your hot tub, and how many hours are you running?

Also, do you hit it with chlorine when you 1st change out water?
I do similar to @Jimrahbe, in that I just run however many number of hours I need to maintain FC level, and don't track in PoolMath. It would be nice to track, and I did request the Mini get added to the list of SWCG in the app, but it's not a big deal.

I've got a 450 gallon tub, and usually ~8 hours a night is what I run. However I noticed this climb up over time until I was at 12. The water was getting bad (persistent CCs), so I did a water change and Ahh-Some purge. Got some junk out in the purge. Put the SWCG back in the new freshly purged tub at 12 hours and next check the FC was way high! Must have been a biofilm buildup adding consistent FC demand. That Ahh-Some stuff sure works well.

Depending on your use you may or may not need to add additional FC manually. I believe Jim uses it every day for consistent times. Our tub gets really inconsistent use. My wife and I may soak for an hour, or six. Or it may be 4 or 6 of us drinking in the tub for 4-8 hours. This is major FC demand, and requires manual additions after use (or even during) to take care of bather waste. Then the Saltron keeps the FC happy between uses.

Thanks for the info! Hot tub getting moved to new location (about 40 ft to a different corner) on 11/15. At that time, I'll drain and restart with the Saltron Mini.

I already use Pool Math to track my hot tub, but it would be able to have Pool Math handle the SWG as well.

One thought would be to add an SWG called OTHER where a user could enter in the amount of chlorine generated in 24 hours. This would solve the issue for the Saltron Mini as well as any other oddball SWG a user might have. Of course, I would hope that Pool Math would store the value I enter for my profile so I wouldn't have to enter in every time.

Reactions: jseyfert3
I am coming up with .068 lbs/day when i do the conversion - poolmath effects of adding results support this amount.
I can enter it into settings (pool set up) on poolmath press the check mark ✔️ & it stays. I have a custom amount set up for my pool as well since my swg isn’t listed. It also persists. Are you saving your settings?
I have a 200 gal tub & run mine 2-4 hrs a day. 2hrs in the summer (low use) 4 hrs in the winter (high use). I have mine on a timer so for example in the winter it runs 1hr 4x’s/day (equally spaced) so i keep the dips to a minimum.

I just tried it again. I go to settings, enter .06875, click on save, and exit settings. When I go back into settings, the lbs field is blank. If I go back into Effect of Adding, the lbs field is blank as well.

Mine totally stays 🤷‍♀️
I am using the ios app.
Hopefully @Leebo can fix it for u.
Its not as hard to get it figured out as a pool’s swg.
I have had mine for 3 yrs & only just put it in poolmath because of this thread.
Just dose with bleach then run it a few hours & see where u stand.
I also dose with bleach after soaks that are more than 30 minutes or more than just me. Every couple weeks i use dichlor to replenish my cya. The idea is to never get to zero so if we are in & out for long periods of time i either push the button or add a little bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.