SWG run time and %

I see @Newdude 's point from a cost perspective but I think I like the more immediate instant effect of dumping in a jug of Cl... I can vouch for the scenario where I don't realize there is just enough algae around and I've got the setting on Stupid Chlorinate so the FC never goes up or is slower than expected... but I don't notice it for a day or so thinking the it will just take awhile. Whereas, if I had dumped in a set amount I would have noticed the CL consumption more quickly. The lessons learned while learning about my SWG before stumbling into TFP-land. And as far as cost.. I usually combine picking up a jug or two of Cl with other shopping chores, like the never ending search for toilet paper.

My take on this boost thing is, not to run boost waiting for the FC to come up. If the FC doesn't reach there are too many variables like cell health algae.... To me it's a waste not knowing what the outcome of the FC would be only to find out there are issues with the water wasting precious cell life for nothing. I vouch for LC having a bird's eye view in a matter of minutes or a few short hours to verify algae or the lack of. I as a matter of principle will only use the SWCG once the chemistry chlorine wise is settled and brought up to target level along with almost close/perfect CSI levels.

My take on this boost thing is, not to run boost waiting for the FC to come up. If the FC doesn't reach there are too many variables like cell health algae.... To me it's a waste not knowing what the outcome of the FC would be only to find out there are issues with the water wasting precious cell life for nothing. I vouch for LC having a bird's eye view in a matter of minutes or a few short hours to verify algae or the lack of. I as a matter of principle will only use the SWCG once the chemistry chlorine wise is settled and brought up to target level along with almost close/perfect CSI levels.

Thanks for all the info guys. I had a jug of chlorine already that I bought to be able to bump up levels when needed so I got my level up to 5.5ppm and have chlorinator set at 85% currently and playing with runtime a few days at a time to see what works best to stay in range.

PH is kicking my butt though, been through 2 gal of acid over last two weeks but from what I’ve read it’s a common problem with new plaster?

Reactions: Trk3263
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.