I get my liquid chlorine at Wal-Mart, along with baking soda, 40 Mule Team Borax, and pH Down because I'm afraid of strong HCl like muriatic acid. I know I'm adding sulfites to the pool with the dry acid. Haven't set foot in a pool store since I bought the sand for my sand filter!

I usually buy the 10% lc to keep on hand @ Walmart as well as stabilizer but lately w/covid i had to get 12% @ the local ps.
i have a swg so i only need it occasionally.
I get 2 gallons of muriatic acid @ Home Depot/lowes about once every 2 years.
i do order skimmer socks, baskets & random pool accessories off amazon.
I get my Testing supplies from tftestkits.net cuz they ship fast & are always fresh.

That’s the same price i pay @ Wally World -
I’ve only had to use about 4# this year so it’s not terribly expensive in my opinion.

I find the stabilizer fairly expensive. Let me know if anyone has a cheaper source than Amazon at $14 for 4 lbs.

I buy the 10 lb. size of CYA at Amazon which is currently shown as costing $25.

I buy baking soda at Walmart, Muriatic Acid at either Home Depot or Lowes. Pool salt at Walmart, and Calcium Chloride (20 lbs. for $26) at Amazon.

I have a cartridge filter and buy replacement Unicel cartridges from whoever is currently offering the best price.

I have an SWG but keep a couple of gallons of bleach on hand. I have bought it at various retailers who sell 8% or 10%.

And test kits and supplies from TFTestkits.com.

Reactions: wille
I buy the 10 lb. size of CYA at Amazon which is currently shown as costing $25.

I buy baking soda at Walmart, Muriatic Acid at either Home Depot or Lowes. Pool salt at Walmart, and Calcium Chloride (20 lbs. for $26) at Amazon.

I have a cartridge filter and buy replacement Unicel cartridges from whoever is currently offering the best price.

I have an SWG but keep a couple of gallons of bleach on hand. I have bought it at various retailers who sell 8% or 10%.

And test kits and supplies from TFTestkits.com.
Would you be able to look in your Amazon orders and send me the URL for the CYA and Calcium Chloride? I'll order this today, as these are great prices!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.