Aug 2, 2022
NYC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone,
I was just shopping for pool supplies (looking to see if anything goes on sale during the winter months) and saw Clorox Total Alkalinity 16lb box for $23 shipped from Amazon. Regular price was $30.
I looked at Target, found a 1lb box of baking soda for $.65. Minus the 5% red card discount, comes out approx $.62 a pound whereas the Clorox branded is about $1.44 a pound.
Here’s a link Baking Soda - 16oz - Good & Gather™

Now the silly question, can I just use the Target branded Baking Soda for TA? I can buy in bulk and having TA increaser for the half the cost? Can I use this in my Hot-tub as well? I don’t see why not.

As long as it's pure Sodium Bicarbonate, it's all the same stuff.

I get 50lb bags for about $20 from our local wholesale supplier. They arent open to the public so these prices are very competitive but it shows it can be had for even cheaper than you've listed; perhaps you can find a pool supply company or a pool service team who will sell you chemicals that will yield a price below retail.

BJs / Costco (and probably Sams) has 13 lb bags of Arm&Hammer in the baking aisle for about $7. It would basically be a lifetime supply for you. But even if some moisture gets in there and it bricks up, baking soda can't break down into anything else so you can bust the clumps and use it forever.

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.