Super Lube for o-ring lubrication

frbruno64

Bronze Supporter
There is a fine deal for a 14oz jar of Super Lube 41160 Synthetic Grease. I would love to use this product as opposed to the overpriced Magic Lube.

Link

There are numerous posts on this board with various opinions, with a few recommending Super Lube. As one poster put it, I would be glad to never again get Magic Lube on my hands.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Super Lube.jpg

Attachments

• Super Lube.jpg
    Super Lube.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Super Lube.jpg
    Super Lube.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
As long as it is NON PTFE.

I suggest Boss 820

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The label says SuperLube contains PTFE. PTFE Teflon gums up and gets sticky and is not recommended.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
As one poster put it, I would be glad to never again get Magic Lube on my hands.
Covid helped solve this one regardless of what you end up buying. Now that we all have an abundance of blue rubber gloves I will never get sticky again.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
TFP is already saving you a ton of money, compared to any other method of pool care. Come on, you can splurge on the good stuff!

Last edited:

frbruno64

Bronze Supporter
TFP is already saving you a ton of money, compared to any other method of pool care. Come on, you can splurge on the good stuff!
I'm so depressed. The Super Lube arrived today and then I read the rest of this thread. It's like my whole world came crashing down. Now I have a large tub of Super Lube and I have to buy the good stuff.

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
It's Amazon! They'll take it right back, no questions asked... I think there's even a checkbox or button for reordering something else. S'all good.

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Confession: I have used Lube Tube which says contains PTFE for 10 years and have never seen any issues with it. Never noticed any stickyness at all.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.