Suggestions on new SWG system? converting from chlorine pool.

The RJ60 has a button that will give you a fairly accurate salt reading. It also has "dummy" lights for salt too low or too high. As long as these lights are not on, your SWG is happy. It is better to be in the middle to high range of salinity at the beginning of the season to avoid being too low for splash out or rain drains. The unit produces more CL2 with a higher salt percentage up until the point where the unit could damage the power supply, which is why it alerts for salt too high.

Are there any reliable small handheld digital meters to check quickly??
Ahh -- funny you ask.

I was given a Hayward electronic salinity tester. It works fine. Of course, once I add salt it never goes down in my pool as we do not get enough rain to ever overflow. I did a search for one - they sell for $125.

Reactions: aesweeps
Last edited:
Has anyone tried the Jandy TruClear system? I like the clear panel for visual inspection and the fact that replacement cells are $200. I have the Hayward Aquarite and I've replaced the cell three times in 15 years. Gets a little pricey at $700 (all prices in Canadian $).

I'm game to try something new. CircuPool looks good but I'm worried about Canadian support.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.