Suggestions on new SWG system? converting from chlorine pool.

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
hi, was wondering, based on your experience, if any of you have suggestions for a new salt water system. i have a 27K in-gound vinyl liner with hayward super pump, and hayward sand filter.we plan to install ourselves. in process of opening pool now, lots of algae cleanup and trying to get this resolved before we install salt system. looking to spend $1600 or less, just want a good system with good warranty. thanks in advance.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Many members have had good service from Circupool. Be sure you get a unit that is rated for 2X your pool volume. So from Circupool, that would be a RJ60.

Reactions: aesweeps

Nectarologist

Apr 3, 2015
New York
I self-installed a circupool last year. I highly recommend it for a self-install. Just know that the pH will need to be looked after. I was adding muriatic acid much more often with the swcg but not nearly as much as liquid chlorine itself. You're on the right track though, clear the pool first get the chlorine level to normal with the pool clear then switch over to the swcg.

Pflugerpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
I'm going to make the jump myself this year. I often see recommendations like Marty said of picking one that's rated about 2x the pool volume, but can you go too big?

I can get one that's 3x bigger than my pool for not much more money, and I'm wondering if that will help extend the life of the cell.

I know with some things, like home central A/C units, too big can be detrimental.

Pflugerpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
Thanks, guys. Discount Salt Pool is having a sale on CircuPool right now, you can upgrade from a 45K gallon model to a 60K gallon model for $1 extra. I think it might be time to pull the proverbial trigger.

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thanks, guys. Discount Salt Pool is having a sale on CircuPool right now, you can upgrade from a 45K gallon model to a 60K gallon model for $1 extra. I think it might be time to pull the proverbial trigger.
gonna buy mine today at this $1 upgrade rate!!

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
I looked at these but did not see any rated for anything more than 40K gallons
Regarding Hayward, that is correct. They max out at 40K. The reason Circupool is referenced/recommended in this thread is because there is no automation in use (that has been mentioned). If there was, you'd want the automation brand's SWCG for compatibility.

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I self-installed a circupool last year. I highly recommend it for a self-install. Just know that the pH will need to be looked after. I was adding muriatic acid much more often with the swcg but not nearly as much as liquid chlorine itself. You're on the right track though, clear the pool first get the chlorine level to normal with the pool clear then switch over to the swcg.

I noticed there is no digital reading of the salt level on the Circupool, how do you determine what the salt level reading???

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I noticed there is no digital reading of the salt level on the Circupool such as 2700, etc., just a 'high', 'low' type reading. how do you determine what the salt level is???

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Regarding Hayward, that is correct. They max out at 40K. The reason Circupool is referenced/recommended in this thread is because there is no automation in use (that has been mentioned). If there was, you'd want the automation brand's SWCG for compatibility.
thx for the clarification and quick reply back.

aesweeps

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
If you happen to get the Circupool, make sure to use SPRING50 in th coupon code box for additional $50 savings. just ordered mine and it worked.

Reactions: Captchaos