May 29, 2020
Prosper, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,

I removed my booster pump and closed / looped the plumbing after the pump housing cracked from the storm a few weeks ago. I’ve disconnected the wiring from inside the pump itself that runs to the control panel. However, if I want to remove the pump entirely from the pad just to get it out of the way, is there a way to “store” the ends of the wiring so I can leave the conduit in place if somewhere down the road I decide to go back to a pressure cleaner setup, or I can market the house upon sale as “ready for pressure cleaner,” or is that just a bad idea all together and I should really disconnect from the control box too? Figured it’s not the best idea to just have the ends of the wiring sticking out the grey conduit.

Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• 73752F86-A33B-415C-A590-411644409ADA.jpeg
    73752F86-A33B-415C-A590-411644409ADA.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 13
I would disconnect the wires to the pump at the relay in your Aqualink. Then you can put that conduit off to the side. You may want to get some weatherproof box you put over the exposed end.

Leaving the wiring for "the next guy" won't help your sale, or even impress him, in any way. He won't even likely know what pressure cleaner means. On the contrary, if you leave something like that and it causes any injury, that could come back on you, as the one that left it there, even if it wasn't the direct cause of an injury! That's our litigious society for ya. You should remove the wiring back to it's origin and then remove the conduit.

You won't be going back to a pressure cleaner. Let's face it. It's dead tech. Robots are cheaper (when you figure in the pump and the wiring, etc) and do a better job. But even if you did, re-establishing the wiring and conduit is 10 minutes. If you're going to save anything, save a picture of how it was wired in.

Put one of these in the leftover hole:

Unknown.png

And you are right, I won’t be going back to pressure. Already plan to call Marina tomorrow and place an order. I’m just the type that likes to try and save anything for the “just in case” scenario, but that’s probably silly at this point.

Reactions: Dirk
And you are right, I won’t be going back to pressure. Already plan to call Marina tomorrow and place an order.
Now how'd I know that!? ;)
I’m just the type that likes to try and save anything for the “just in case” scenario, but that’s probably silly at this point.
Not silly, necessarily. I'm the same way. Which is why all my closets and cupboards and garage are all packed to the gills! There was a time when I could recall where everything was, and make use of it, but not any more. I'm transitioning with this logic: clear the clutter and use Lowes as my "storage shed" for things I might someday need! They only charge me for the "storage" when I actually need something!

Last edited:
I spoke with Margaret on Saturday, so pretty sure I know what I’m going to order already 🤪. Should be a quick phone discussion.

Silly question, where’d you find that clip, to plug the control box hole?

I’m in the same mode this year with clutter. Made 7 trips already to the local goodwill in the last 3 months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.