Still happening...plaster completed!

Hi Watershow! Nice looking cascade wall. What material will you be covering it with? I am pre-dig on a "splash" pool (12 x 28) and will also have a raised wall. Your waterline tile looks good. Choosing tile has been quite the process! And it's still ongoing . . .
Do you have any updated photos? Thanks for sharing!
Hey there! No current photos. Passed inspection on the bond grid today and expect them to work on the decking this week. The coping is pre cast concrete 12x24” in sand wash finish and Davidson color -Sierra. The wall will be covered in ledger stone. Picking out the tile and coping was the most fun but also time consuming part of the build. Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Girija
Also, BEAUTIFUL coping! What are the dimensions? Material?
I believe ours will be a pour-in-place to save $$, but I can dream!
If you haven't yet decided on a pool robot, we were told the Hayward Navigator is a good one.
Thank you, I will look into that. Right now I have my mind on the Pentair Warrior SI. I’ve inquired about it through Marina pools and spas. So far their customer service has been great. Also Pentair has some rebates going on select models if you want to save some money :).

Gaps can be filled in with grout. I would be very picky about the color and thickness so it does not really show up.

Vibrant color-see what happens when you wet the stone down and wash the travel dust off. They can put a sealer on it BUT know it is something you will have to redo every year or so if you want to keep the same look. It is NOT an easy job so...........

Getting discouraged. Pool is not yet done. Apparently there’s a concrete shortage and been waiting on getting it poured for 2 weeks now. They finally scheduled it for Friday. Worried I might not have time to swim in it with fall creeping up. I do have a heater but wondering if it will still be cold to swim in when day temps are in the 70s and overnight in 50s.

Getting discouraged. Pool is not yet done. Apparently there’s a concrete shortage and been waiting on getting it poured for 2 weeks now. They finally scheduled it for Friday. Worried I might not have time to swim in it with fall creeping up. I do have a heater but wondering if it will still be cold to swim in when day temps are in the 70s and overnight
I'm sorry you are still waiting. I am stuck too. It has been so slow since they did the gunite. We are finally working on tile and coping which should be done by the end of the week. Then we have decking. Talked with my decking contractor, and he may not be able to start next week, which will push us into the following week to start that. And, he says 3 weeks to do the decking! They have to rebuild some retaining walls, then they can do the flagstone and pavers. I think by the time this is done it will be Thanksgiving and too cold to swim too.

I'm sorry you are still waiting. I am stuck too. It has been so slow since they did the gunite. We are finally working on tile and coping which should be done by the end of the week. Then we have decking. Talked with my decking contractor, and he may not be able to start next week, which will push us into the following week to start that. And, he says 3 weeks to do the decking! They have to rebuild some retaining walls, then they can do the flagstone and pavers. I think by the time this is done it will be Thanksgiving and too cold to swim too.
Oh wow. Sorry to hear that as well :(.

So there’s a bit of an elevation on my fence line. Fence will be replaced on Weds. There is not much space between the concrete and the fence. What would you suggest I put in between to prevent the dirt from coming down when it rains? We won’t be able to put in a retainer wall until next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the advice. Still not sure what to do yet. So the ledger stone and mastic was done. Noticed discoloration or maybe peeling off the quartzite when I got home. Is this normal? Also notice some chipping and a few small bits of the stone fell off. Is this normal for quartzite? I messaged PB but haven’t gotten a response yet. Thanks.

Attachments

• A1BEFDC7-4C73-4C92-B7D4-CBDF5CFB5E50.jpeg
    A1BEFDC7-4C73-4C92-B7D4-CBDF5CFB5E50.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 43C4DF5D-87F0-461E-8F39-DDC22D3E2DE4.jpeg
    43C4DF5D-87F0-461E-8F39-DDC22D3E2DE4.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 77ED1060-A809-41B8-B61D-B0E7515EDC5F.jpeg
    77ED1060-A809-41B8-B61D-B0E7515EDC5F.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 63
Pool filling now and it’s been 14 hrs since it started. Tested my pool water before filling here are the numbers. Besides Muriatic acid and bleach, what other chemicals should I get? Bleach or liquid chlorine? Ordered a solar cover and looking into getting wetsuits (lol) since average hi/lo temp here is 63 degrees. I do have a gas heater but based on reading the threads it may not even help much retaining the heat in the winter?

Keep that water flowing!
Muriatic acid and chlorine/bleach (same stuff with different strengths) will be your main things.

You will need to add CYA. Make sure to use the powder kind. Put it in a sock (like you wear) and hang it in front on a return to let the flow of water dissolve it and mix it into the water.

You pH is starting out high so be ready to fight with it when you start balancing the pool.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Watershow
Keep that water flowing!
Muriatic acid and chlorine/bleach (same stuff with different strengths) will be your main things.

You will need to add CYA. Make sure to use the powder kind. Put it in a sock (like you wear) and hang it in front on a return to let the flow of water dissolve it and mix it into the water.

You pH is starting out high so be ready to fight with it when you start balancing the pool.

Kim:kim:
Thank you Kim! I’ve seen videos where they hang a sock inside the skimmer, is this OK too? May be a stupid question but what do you use to hang it in front of a return? Also, is a regular sock better than a stocking?

I am a worry wort so don't like the in skimmer way as I always worry the sock with block the flow of water. I like tube socks better as there is less of a chance for any "pebbles" to fall out. To hang it in front of a return you can tie it to the end of a broom handle and put some thing heavy on the broom end to keep it from falling.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.