Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Stenner users - how often do you replace tubing? both pump tubing and discharge. My discharge tubing just leaked all over and made an awful mess on some equipment below it.

I replace the pump tube every year.
I have yet to replace the discharge tube, but I use the black UV resistant tubing for supply, and discharge.

I replace the pump tube and the black tubing every year. I skipped the black tubing one year, but it clogged once, so for the price I just decided to make both an annual replacement. It's an easy hour at most and just makes it care free.

I've replace the feed (black) tube once in 10 years and wind up replacing the pump tube every couple of years. Sometimes I replace the pump tube yearly if there's a problem with it, but usually it'll last two years.

Having said that, if my setup was to where a leak would damage any other equipment, I would preemptively replace both sets of tubing each year.

Reactions: GDN
TLDR Schedule:
Annual:
replace pump tubing
inspect all connections
inspect and clean injector
Biennial:
Replace all tubing

Despite having had a 45mphp10 for seven years and tending to emergency failures at random I still have not established a regular maintenance routine. That said, and to add to this discussion, I should be replacing my pump tube every year since it seems to fail unpredictably only slightly less often than that. The UV tubing that goes into and comes out of the pump seems to fail just slightly less often than every other year (in sunlight). When the intake tubing fails I generally remain clueless until the pool starts shows me something is wrong unless it happens during a period when I'm testing fairly often and even then it's pretty hard to pinpoint the issue without prior experience. I've had similarly timed issues with the duckbills (inline tubing check valve) failing when they get rather stiff suggesting they probably should be replaced every other year.

Less common issues exist as well such as over maintaining (read to much lube) for the roller assembly has led to them not being able to stay engaged. Just today I discovered (again, seven years of operation in indirect sunlight) a broken tubing housing which was only visible during operation when the rollers push the housing open at the break. This may have related to another issue a couple of months ago where my Stenner injector had entirely crystalized closed at the point of insertion causing the pump's output tubing to blow.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Stenner, I just need to be better with my maintenance schedule.

Reactions: GDN
My duckbill has been more problematic than the tubing. I think I've replaced the tube inside the pump twice and the black tubing once or twice. However the duckbill continues to clog with "crystalized" chlorine. I've run an ice pick through it a couple of times and this last time just laid it in a small bowl of acid - that cleaned it right up (I'm sure I violated many rules of chemistry with that, but it sizzled a bit and works like new). The duck bill no longer prevents back flow, but no issue with that is no issue with the stenner, it won't allow back flow anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.