Stenner Run Time

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
For those of you w a Stenner pump - do you have it set so that it pumps chlorine just once during the day (start to finish one time daily) or at various intervals during the day?

I prefer to dose the chlorine at the end of the day so my overnight fc level is higher. I think this gives a higher average fc level. If it uses less chlorine or is more or less effective I'm not sure, it just seems to make sense to me.

I run mine for 5 minutes 5 times a day, during the time that the sun is highest in the sky. My pump is running on low 24/7.
I figure that if the sun is the biggest cause of FC loss, that would be the time to add it, instead of playing the yo-yo game of adding at night to bump it AFTER the daytime drop, it should be better to keep it in the middle of my range at ALL times.
This is the second year with the Stenner, and I LOVE it.
:cool:

I am 3 x per day , stronger dose on the third run at night. I think everyone does it a little different but we all get good results from the Stenner system. Mine is hooked up to a automation system and I can always add an extra dose after heavy swim load or heavy pollen day.

Similar to others here - during the summer months the pump runs 10 to 12 hours - I'll adjust it to run longer as it gets hotter. Right now - I'm running noon til 9:30 - I add my chlorine in 2 doses - half at noon just after the pump starts and the other half at 6 PM after the sun isn't hitting the pool directly.

I've just adjusted mine from once a day to twice a day. 45 minutes at 10 am and 45 minutes at 43 pm.

I have to say - the Stenner pump is the best investment I have ever made for my pool. Love it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My Stenner has only been running for a week but seems to be holding FC at 5-6 ppm. I have a cheap ($15) timer that only allows 1/2 hr adjustments and I am running my 45MHP2 @ full volume for 5-1/2 hrs in the middle of my 8 hr (11a - 7p) filter pump run time. I expect I will have to add Stenner time as summer progresses.

My Stenner has only been running for a week but seems to be holding FC at 5-6 ppm. I have a cheap ($15) timer that only allows 1/2 hr adjustments and I am running my 45MHP2 @ full volume for 5-1/2 hrs in the middle of my 8 hr (11a - 7p) filter pump run time. I expect I will have to add Stenner time as summer progresses.

It is pure preference, but if you'd like less run time on your stenner you can always upgrade the tubing inside to a larger diameter and pump more chlorine at once. It may be a little harder to dial in if you have only 30 minute increments to adjust too, but could likely still make it work. Doing so might cut your stenner run time from 5-1/2 or more down to 30 minutes to an hour. Just a thought. I'm hoping the stenners last a long time even running many hours per day, but thinking that cutting it's run time way down might help it's longevity. Just a thought and not required at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.