Jun 29, 2018
Henderson NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello,

Looking to wire in a stenner pump to an easytouch relay. I reviewed the following forum post and still have some questions.
Stenner Pump Wiring to EasyTouch Relays

This is my current setup.
20181117_122411.jpg

I already ordered a 120v stenner pump that is in route but started wondering if I should have ordered the 220v? Can someone tell me which voltage pump I should use. Could also use a picture of someone else's setup to help me wire it in.

Thanks!

Doug,

Since you are feeding the pump filter relay with 220 from a GFCI breaker, the simplest thing to do would be to use a 220 volt Stenner pump.

Or.. you can remove the 220 volts from the pump/filter relay by just running the wires from your pump directly to the circuit breaker. Then wire the pump/filter relay to 120 volts.. This 120 would feed both the Stenner and the SWCG transformer.. NOTE.. your SWCG transformer is currently wired for 220 volts, so you would have to rewire and use the 120 volts input to the transformer..

Either will work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thought I would post a pic of the final setup in case anyone wanted to see. Had my neighbor who is an electrical engineer by trade wire it up. Hope this helps.

1) The 220v Stenner pump is wired into the aux5 relay thru the pool relay. Haven't installed the acid tank yet, but the pump sure does turn on and off with aux5 button. I have since sealed around the Stenner power cord where it comes into the panel.

2) Installed a 24vac transformer to power 2 of the Emerson 90-340 Switching Relay, 24V I found on Amazon. It is a DPDT replay. The aux6 relay is wired to an intermatic valve actuator to switch from pool return to in-floor heads. The aux7 relay is wired to an intermatic valve actuator for switching from skimmer to main drain. At some point I may combine these two onto aux6 and then use the aux7 relay for an pool vacuum. I believe black is the common wire on these intermatic valve actuators. I purchased them on amazon as well and even bought the cheap extended warranty so I should be covered for many years. One note on the aux7 relay, for some reason there was no continuity on the one with the empty red plug on it. Rather than exchange it with Amazon I decided to use it because I don't plan on having more than one valve actuator ever being run thru that relay.

2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.