Starting the OB process - Queen Creek

Do you mean how much are we spending or are you talking in terms of how much we are managing...sorry not reading the question right this morning! Happy to share whatever details though so if you clarify, I will definitely get you an answer!

@ajw22 I tested the water and got the following
PH 7.7
FC 1.5 + CC 0.5 = TC 2.0
TA 230

Thinking I need to add some MA to bring the PH down as the pebble is curing? TA is high, FC low, so I'm sure Ive got work to do....Out of the 4 things the pool equip supplier provided I know the MA, what/when would I use the Liquid Chlorinating Compound, CLOR Save and Big Tabs?

Also I tried to do the CYA test with the hose water but I am wondering if that cannot be done until there are acutally chemicals in the water or something? I could always see the dot at the bottom of the cylinder, the water/solution was clear so I cant imagine I would ever not be able to see it? Lol felt quite dumb on that one so I assume I was missing something there!

Pool just finished up filling as we speak, have a pool guy coming to help with the startup this afternoon, and we are excited!
View attachment 128298
How much did you spend to build this amazing pool?

How much did you spend to build this amazing pool?

Pool alone we are in the $45k range and are very happy with what we got for the money! As a reference we had 3 non-big name competitive PB's come out prior to making our decision and all 3 came in at $45-50k. The big difference however was that 1 didnt include a spa, all 3 were significantly smaller pools (closest was 14x28), none included our vision for the waterfall wall/grotto, all were base packages design wise (deck, pebble, tile, etc.) and the equipment was all lower quality/quantity. We estimate we would have paid ~$15k more to get an apples to apples pool from one of the builders, plus we would have missed out on all the fun and learning!

As many on here say, the OB route often doesnt result in spending less but you end up keeping your budget the same and getting a whole lot more! I think we could have spent significantly less if that was the goal, in the end for us we wanted more than just a place to get wet and cool off so we opted to spend a little more and hopefully create something we'll love for a long time.

Reactions: joeramirez
Pool alone we are in the $45k range and are very happy with what we got for the money! As a reference we had 3 non-big name competitive PB's come out prior to making our decision and all 3 came in at $45-50k. The big difference however was that 1 didnt include a spa, all 3 were significantly smaller pools (closest was 14x28), none included our vision for the waterfall wall/grotto, all were base packages design wise (deck, pebble, tile, etc.) and the equipment was all lower quality/quantity. We estimate we would have paid ~$15k more to get an apples to apples pool from one of the builders, plus we would have missed out on all the fun and learning!

As many on here say, the OB route often doesnt result in spending less but you end up keeping your budget the same and getting a whole lot more! I think we could have spent significantly less if that was the goal, in the end for us we wanted more than just a place to get wet and cool off so we opted to spend a little more and hopefully create something we'll love for a long time.
Thank You! That is exactly what I am hoping to do. I contracted out my last house so I think I can do this as well. I am looking at about that budget but with extras to make it more custom.

Thank You! That is exactly what I am hoping to do. I contracted out my last house so I think I can do this as well. I am looking at about that budget but with extras to make it more custom.

You'll likely find this process much more simple than the house, or at least I did - I was surprise at how little work was really involved in building a pool. Not that the subs dont have a ton of skill, but just in terms of how many different ones were needed. It felt like there was 5-6 different groups and we were done. With the help on this forum it felt very easy for the most part!

Reactions: joeramirez
Very interesting on the cost savings.
We are currently going through the bid process. The more I think it through the more I just want to bid it out myself and get it built. Contacted Pool Spa and Design today. We will see how it goes.

Very interesting on the cost savings.
We are currently going through the bid process. The more I think it through the more I just want to bid it out myself and get it built. Contacted Pool Spa and Design today. We will see how it goes.

I had a great experience with Jaime at PSD, she was incredibly helpful every step of the way so I think you will enjoy it if you decide on that route!

Reactions: mslaman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.