Spots on floor of pool. What causes this and how do I get rid of them ? I am a new pool owner.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :wave: Those are some interesting circular spots. Any UFOs in the area? :) Okay, let's start with the following:
1 - Update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info (see mine as an example). Appears to be plaster, but all info will help.
2 - How do you test your water?
3 - Can you post a full set of water results? (From TF-100 or Taylor K-2006)
4 - How do you chlorinate?
5 - Pool history? New, or existing home purchase? Anything else?
6 - Any autmoated cleaners used?

That should help us get started.

Spots of that particular pattern are not reminescent of typical organic or metal staining unless something round like that rested on the floor's surface for a while. I don't see how the cleaner could contribute to those. I have suspicions about the base underneath. Your water tests later might help. I'll ping the assistance of others to see what they think. @JamesW

Are the spots new or old? Were the spots in the pool when you bought the house or did they recently appear?

The spots are too perfect to be a chemistry issue.

I suspect that someone probably threw tabs in the pool.

I suspect that it probably wasn't the previous homeowner, but someone responsible for the house between owners.

Was the house unoccupied for a while?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.