"SPA" triggering heater but there's not SPA

atceric

Feb 8, 2021
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello all, new to the forum and appreciate all the information here. Hoping this hasn't been covered as I couldn't find a topic similar.

15K Pool
Pentair Easy Touch PL4 contoller
Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater
Glacier Chiller
No SPA

My PB set up the automation and was probably less familiar with it than I am now (and I'm no expert!). We have no Spa (just a pool) but they've configured our automation with circuits that are defined as "Spa". I believe they ran into a limitation when they realized they needed to automate the chiller as well. I'm not sure if this limitation was hardware or automation.

You can see this clearest on the mobile app where they Spa circuits are listed (Waterfall, High Speed, and Med Speed) and Pool circuits are listed (Chiller and Pool). Pictures attached.

Screenshot_20211115-105303_ScreenLogic.jpgScreenshot_20211115-105323_ScreenLogic.jpg

Pool circuits have a heat command option (which is off) but Spa circuits do not. When circuits defined as "spa" are triggered the heater comes on when we don't need it on because they are "Spa" circuits. That makes sense. I can turn down the set point to 40F but this winter that'll still be an issue. I suppose I could just manually turn the heater off, but thought there might be a configuration option that solves this.

Can I redefine circuits as "Pool" and not "Spa" or is this a hardware limitation?

A,

The PL4 is the "lite" version of the EasyTouch.. Just like lite salad dressing, it is not for everyone.. It only has 4 schedules or programs, so I assume they are using the Spa mode to add an extra function.. You can not rename it...

But you should be able to just tell it not to heat.. You just set it up so that "Change heat set point" is "NO.." See my schedule below..

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

The PL4 is the "lite" version of the EasyTouch.. Just like lite salad dressing, it is not for everyone.. It only has 4 schedules or programs, so I assume they are using the Spa mode to add an extra function.. You can not rename it...

But you should be able to just tell it not to heat.. You just set it up so that "Change heat set point" is "NO.." See my schedule below..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for the info Jim. Very helpful! I wish there were a way to set "Heat Command" on to OFF but the circuits defined as Spa on my system (High Speed, Medium Speed, and Waterfall) default to Heat Command ON with no option I've found to change it. I haven't found how but maybe that can be modified in software? Or can the temperature set point be lowered more (mine won't go below 40F right now)? Haven't found that either. I'm guessing I'll be manually turning my heater off for the winter...first world problems. ;)

Screenshot 2021-11-16 111804.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.