Spa blower question

Jglass38

Mar 29, 2022
North Carolina
Hi all. So we have a new pool with a spillover spa. For others with this kind of setup, when you have the blower on, do the bubbles cause the water to pour over the sides of the spa? For us it happens in both spa and pool mode. We would have hoped that in spa mode, the water level comes down a little (since spillover isn’t used) and keeps more water in the spa so people can sit on the edge and not get soaked. They tried to adjust the jets but no change. The builder says they all do what ours is. Any input would be helpful.

When the blower is on is water also coming out of the jets or air only?

When only the blower is on the air bubbles by the spa wall and can blow water over the edge.

When spa jet water is on and blower is on the water takes the air towards the middle of the spa and nothing splashes out.

I guess it’s a dumb question, but how can I tell if it is just air or water? I know before I turn the blower on, water is coming out the jets/returns.
Sounds like you have water and air coming out.

It may be that way for all spas that builder builds. It is not that way for spas with a balanced spa jet and blower system that is well designed.

So based on your first response, if it is water and air, wouldn’t the water stay in? My understanding is that the spa jets are also returns. The blower is just T’d into the returns/jets. So both water and air would be coming out regardless of whether it is in pool mode (valves are set at 50/50 spa/pool returns) or spa mode where my understanding is that the jets are on, but the spa drain is opened and water circulates that way but doesn’t spillover.

I have two returns in my spa fed by my filter pump and a separate spa jet pump for the spa jets that the blower goes through.

In POOL mode no water goes through my spa.

I use SPILLOVER mode to chlorinate my spa twice a day.

What automation system do you have?

full

I have two returns in my spa fed by my filter pump and a separate spa jet pump for the spa jets that the blower goes through.

In POOL mode no water goes through my spa.

I use SPILLOVER mode to chlorinate my spa twice a day.

What automation system do you have?

full
Interesting. I only have a single vs pump for the whole system. We keep spillover on all the time (for the water feature) except when we are going to be using the spa (so no wasted heated water). All components are Jandy. It is an aqua link system. I am extremely new to an inground pool and all of these components, dont necessarily understand them all yet and the PB has no answers about anything I ask.

How to enable SPILLOVER mode on your Aqualink is described in Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

How you turn off your spillover in POOL mode depends how your plumber set it up. Post pics of your equipment pad and return pipe area if you want to discuss.

Running your spillover continuously will cause your pH to rise more rapidly due to the aeration. That will require more frequent acid additions to lower your pH.

What pump and filter and heater do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we don’t have to keep asking you about it.

How to enable SPILLOVER mode on your Aqualink is described in Jandy Aqualink RS - Further Reading

How you turn off your spillover in POOL mode depends how your plumber set it up. Post pics of your equipment pad and return pipe area if you want to discuss.

Running your spillover continuously will cause your pH to rise more rapidly due to the aeration. That will require more frequent acid additions to lower your pH.

What pump and filter and heater do you have?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment so we don’t have to keep asking you about it.
I’ll have to get an inventory tomorrow and I’ll update my signature. Just to clarify, I’m not having an issue with spa mode or pool mode, just wondering if there’s anything that can be done to keep water from coming over the walls of the spa when the blower is on. If not, not a big deal. As for PH, I’m ok with having to add extra chemicals. We wanted a water feature (we also run the bubblers at all times when the pump is running (8am-10pm).

I have the same issue. With spa on and air blower, I have a few returns that bubble over edge. I bought an air silencer and plan to install a pvc tee with ball valve on the air blower pipe. This will allow me to divert some of the air from blower and reduce amount of air going to spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same issue. With spa on and air blower, I have a few returns that bubble over edge. I bought an air silencer and plan to install a pvc tee with ball valve on the air blower pipe. This will allow me to divert some of the air from blower and reduce amount of air going to spa.
This is what I did, even added a stainless muffler :)
I bought the smallest blower I could find and it was still too strong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 13
Can you send me a link to the air silencer? When I search that I only find the silencer brand of blower which is what I have. 😂

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.