spa and hot tubs

OK -- great. That is why I moved this thread to a different forum.

So the spa will not be covered by the auto cover?

Interesting. Takes away the safety aspect of the cover. Why are you getting the auto cover?

Interesting. Takes away the safety aspect of the cover. Why are you getting the auto cover?
Not sure why this takes away from the safety aspect of the cover, other than the spa will have a manual cover. We are getting an auto cover to help keep the pool clean because we live in a rural area on a farm with a lot of dirt and dust. Just had some questions on the size of the spa and the composition of the deck. Considering using porcelain tile around pool. Drawbacks on this or just using concrete.

OK -- no issues. Size of spa depends on how many people at one time you plan to have in it.

I would think porcelain tile would be slippery. Many use travertine or pavers.

OK -- no issues. Size of spa depends on how many people at one time you plan to have in it.

I would think porcelain tile would be slippery. Many use travertine or pavers.
Thank you for your advice. Pool guy is coming tomorrow so I had a few questions. Spa needs to hold at least 6 people without knees touching. The men are fairly large at 6' 4 250 lbs. Do not know a whole lot about pools so I wanted to do it right the the first time. Thanks

Reactions: mknauss
My build is 15x30 and my spa is going to be 6x8.
It's just me, my wife and son.
With what you described I'd want at least an 8x8 or even maybe an 8x10. The leg area gets constrained in a spa.
And like you, I have an autocover for the pool and a manual on the spa. Autocover on the spa was going to add another 10k to the project!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.