South Florida - New In-ground Large Build

Got it! Look over it.......A couple of things I did not see or wondered about.....depth of the shelf on the other side of the table area.......why two lights in the table area? I would think one should be for the shelf instead.

Steps- I see 12" :shock: that is going to be quite a reach for most of them! If someone one is smaller, older, has a bum knee/hip they are going to have a hard time :(

So what did YOU see that need worked on?

Kim:kim:

The sun-shelf is 6" water level
The step out/bench on the other side of pool (west side) is 18" water level. As is the "2nd" Step that acts as the bench/seat for sitting area/sun-shelf. For consistently, the engineer made them 12".
There are (2) LED Bubblers on the sun-shelf.....you don't think that is enough?
The (2) nicheless LED's in table area are the smaller type - globrites......(Not the intellibrites that will go in the main pool area)

I was kinda just wanting to feel everyone out on design, Plumbing sizes, etc.

One concern I have is the way the return jets (there are 5) and jacuzzi jets (there are 7) are plumbed. I always hear "closed loop system" yet these are a reduced diameter to increase flow type system. In theory - it should work fine...... Just wondering?

Thank you for input

John

Got ya on the LED bubblers. Can you just turn on the light part without the bubblers part? There may be times you will only want the lights.

I will see if someone can pop in for the plumbing. That is not one of my strong suits. If anyone else has any input jump on in!

Yes....lights and bubblers are independent. As all lights will have dimming capability and independently controllable from the easy touch system. I will get the easy touch eight since I have a lot of "functions" (3 fire/water bowls, 2 deck jets, 2 bubblers, 6 lights, spa jets, etc)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would put in a pressure cleaner rather then a vacuum cleaner line. A pressure cleaner does not load up your filter with the dirt vacuumed. See equipment layout 5.

Equipment layout says 3hp pumps and electrical diagram says 2.7hp pumps.

SWG should be Pentair Intellichlor IC60. See Pool Specifications.

Electrical diagram shows a time clock. Why is that needed if you have Easy touch automation?

Install light above equipment pad and extra GFCI outlets by equipment pad. Install GFCI outlet by pool for future robot cleaner. You have water tap for hose by equipment pad?

I would do steps less then 12” in height. 12” steps can be difficult for older people and people with leg and hip problems. 7 to 9” steps are preferred.

Are skimmers located so prevailing wind blows towards them?

Thank you Kimkats!

ajw22 - Vacuum cleaner line is only a backup.....will have a robot
I will have him change the 2.7 to 3 hp
It will be a SWG IC60
No time clock - going to go with automation
Yes on the light at pad (already there) and outlets will be there also. I also already have a gfi outlet 10' away from pool.
Water tap is by the equipment pad also (existing)
Skimmers are in location that be helped by winds
***the plans you see are not finalized*** I went to see him yesterday and we made some changes already. I will post new updates when I get them.

Thank you for the input. Very helpful!

I AM BACK!!!!!!

:handwave:
Pool Plans are finalized, permit is approved, and dig is scheduled for Dec 19-21st!!!!!
Its been an interesting ride so far....Had a hard time with my city because i wanted to do owner/builder. After talking to all the trades at the office, they finally realized I knew more about building this pool than most pool builders in the south florida area! So I am attaching some sections of the overall plan and then detailled crops of areas for all to look over and critique!!!
Equipment list to follow..........Please review prior posts for photos and and preliminary designs.......

Enjoy!

Crop of whole pool area.jpgCrop of Pool and Step.jpgCrop of Pool Specs.jpgcrop of just pool.jpg

Equipment List As to date:

***All Pentair***

Intelliflo XF (to handle 3" main drain lines and 316 gpm channel drains) - Main Pump/Sitting Area Spa Jets
Intelliflo XF (to handle 3" main drain lines and 316 gpm channel drains) - Feature Pump
Clean and Clear 520 Cartridge Filter
ICP60 Salt water Generator

Globrite in Sitting area ( I am probably only going to use one there)
(2) Intellibrite 5g's in main pool area
***Possibly going to add a globrite to the step out towards left of pool*** THOUGHTS????
***Possibly going to add a globrite to sun shelf*** THOUGHTS???

(2) globrite blubbers on sun shelf (maybe has enough light?)
(3) magicstream laminar deck jets (with led) on same wall as fire/water bowls

(3) Fire and Water Bowls on the Pedistals (Not sure which brand yet)
(7) Therapy Jets in the "Sitting Area" (did not want typical spa)
(5) returns (High)
***Going to add a duplicate set of returns (and put it on a actuator) and put them either in floor or lower portion of walls - For when the heater is running. THOUGHTS???
(2) Channel Main Drains
(2) Skimmers
1.5 HP Air Blower for the sitting area jets
Large Heat Pump ***with a chiller*** (South Florida)
Intellicenter with breaker panel (Not sure on specs yet)
COMPLETE AUTOMATION
Auto fill and auto drain

Comments and Suggestions, please!

Lights-The bubblers on the sun shelf have lights that can be turned on without the bubblers right? If so then you should be good for lights there.
-By my step out I would move the light to the short wall on this side of the inlet/return. That way it will shine into the step out bench more. Then move the other light to the middle of the deeper area.

I do like the idea of returns being added to the lower part of the walls. I would NOT put them on the floor due to possible tripping and toe bumping.

Channel drains-will these be the pebble filled ones?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.