NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I will be putting in a new L shaped 27k pool with a surface area of 780sq ft. The pool will get mostly full sun during the day. The plan is to install 13 4x12 panels (2in headers) on my roof which will get me to ~78%. I also went with the 3HP VS Pentair IntelliFlo and Pentair SolarTouch Panel to help with the power and efficiency for the pool and solar.

My pump will be about 15-20ft from the pool and 70ft from the house where I will then go up to my garage roof then my house roof which is 30ft high. The return will then coming off my top 30ft roof and back to the pump and pool

Wanted to get anyone's thoughts on the set up and if my pump will be sufficient to drive all the panels given the distance and height. I was looking into getting Aquatherm, or Technosolis panels.

The smallest pumps are capable of supporting solar. I ran solar on a 2 story house with a 1/2 HP pump. So that isn't really a consideration unless the house is over 3 stories.

The biggest consideration is where to place the VRV (vacuum release valve). The closer to the pump, the lower RPM you will be able to run. Some people place it a few feet above the pump on the solar supply line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.