Sock method question

Jun 24, 2017
TX
I have learned so much here first of all and want to thank the people who take the time to answer questions! I am doing wonderful; thanks to you all, testing my pools water! I managed avoiding slamming the pool and right now my cya is 30 with a target of 80 wanted for my swg. I know I need to add some stabilizer - and I even know how much! My question is about the sock method. Last time, I put the stabilizer in a sock and I tied the sock closed with a string. 4 days later and most of the cya had not melted. Since I'm adding more today can you explain if I simply leave the sock open and place in the skimmer sock and all, or should I continue closing the sock with string and just massage the sock each day to release some?

Intex 18X9XX52
salt water system up to 7000Gal
sand filter intex pump

levels today:
cya 30 going for 80ppm
FC 4.5 going for 6
CC .5
PH 7.5

I tied the sock to the side of my pool so it hung down in front of the return. Less than a day and it was gone from the sock.

You.can even squeeze the sock occasionally and clouds of stabilizer will come out.

Stocking knee his are your friend. Put a couple of pounds in one at a time so as not to block water flow in the skimmer and tie a loop in the end. You should be able to dissolve at least two in a day with pump running in the heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.