So this just happened....

Matt,

When one of mine dies, that is going to be my next Dolphin purchase.. I'm jealous!! :D

As far as taking it in and out of your pool goes, when you take it out, I suggest you not wrap the cable up on a caddie..

My theory is that coiling the cable on the caddie and letting it sit for a few days causes the cable to become less flexible and increases the likelihood the cable will tangle.

I lay my cable on the deck with a couple of very large loops..

I think you will love it, no matter what your family names it.

Jim R.

Thanks Jim.

Yes, the guy at the shop said the exact same thing - DO NOT tightly coil the cable with sharp bends. He was ok with the caddy and just said to coil it up loose and big.

I'm pretty stoked about this little guy. Tomorrow will be its official christening and launch...wish me luck in the naming negotiations :deal:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim.

Yes, the guy at the shop said the exact same thing - DO NOT tightly coil the cable with sharp bends. He was ok with the caddy and just said to coil it up loose and big.

I'm pretty stoked about this little guy. Tomorrow will be its official christening and launch...wish me luck in the naming negotiations :deal:

How about "Clean-Logic", so that you can think of Brian and me every time you use it.. :cool:

Jim R.

Nice! I think a proper Disney name would be Wall-E. bring your lunch box :)

e1e4f351c5700c017ece2239fa59d299.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well folks, there was a great deal of pressure and whining to go with Disney so I decided to deploy some strategery and reverse psychology. I told them Disney names were ok BUT i would propose them and they could only vote yes or no.

So, knowing they were boys I went straight for the most odious and dreaded name in all of boyhood - ELSA! They totally flipped out and refused. So then I proposed Ariel from The Little Mermaid...total revulsion. I hit a couple more girly ones - Belle, Snow White, etc, etc. When I saw their interest start to wane, that's when I hit them with the name I thought would work best -

Tamatoa!

For those not up on the latest Disney info, Tamatoa plays the decorator crab in the movie Moana that has, by far, one of the best songs in the score - Shiny.

Jemaine Clement - Shiny (From ) - YouTube

As a side bonus, I can refer to it as "Mr. T" -

16df0218ca6306541cbf1bd823d083e1.jpeg

So tomorrow morning, the cleaner will receive its name - Tamatoa (Mr. T)

Reactions: ArtP
I like it! The Mr. T part.

"I pity the POOL that messes with Mr T!"

Good choice, I like that song/character. I didn't even know that was his name and I have to watch Moana every day. We watched in three times today.

Yeah, it's my favorite part in the entire movie. I usually hum it to myself once per day.

The really weird part is my 1 year old daughter is fascinated with the movie. She will literally sit there, wide-eyed watching it and gets really excited when Maui sings the "You're Welcome" song. She claps and giggles. It's hilarious to watch.

I was going to suggest Agua Bright. Probably the closest to Aqua Bright you may get for a while - since you need to save you pennies for all those college educations you'll be paying for. :poke: :laughblue:

But since you already picked a name..... :goodjob:

(yeah - that's "AGUA" - with a G - as in water, not "AQUA")

Last edited:
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Robots are a marvelous invention. Especially for people like me who are naturally lazy.

Thanks, Dave! I'm looking forward to seeing it perform. The Bluetooth control option is kind of neat. Since I'm home a lot, I may find myself driving it around the pool making fake battle noises - "pew pew, pew pew pew, kapowie! Take evil plum leaf!!"

Wife says I'd better share with the kids; I'm like "Heck no! I failed that part of kindergarten where they taught sharing..."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.