So this happened

Price sounds about right considering the size. I think mine was somewhere between $1500-$2000 installed back in
My last one was $2700 installed 10 years ago. I was over the moon happy for a $550 increase, including the upcharge for gray. It should have easily gone up that much if the world was doing great all this time later.
It’s an important investment though as they do what they are supposed to do. Don’t have to worry about anyone or any pets getting caught in a regular pool cover.
My choices were a dog trampoline, with claw holes likely, or dogs playing hockey on thin ice. It was a lose-lose proposition.

With any luck, the first time they sprint across the worlds coolest shortcut, it scares the bejeezus out of them and they think twice going forward. They're both hounds tho, so the stubborn is strong in them. I can see the Bloodhound out there all like WEEEEEEEE *bounce bounce*

My last one was $2700 installed 10 years ago. I was over the moon happy for a $550 increase, including the upcharge for gray. It should have easily gone up that much if the world was doing great all this time later.

My choices were a dog trampoline, with claw holes likely, or dogs playing hockey on thin ice. It was a lose-lose proposition.

With any luck, the first time they sprint across the worlds coolest shortcut, it scares the bejeezus out of them and they think twice going forward. They're both hounds tho, so the stubborn is strong in them. I can see the Bloodhound out there all like WEEEEEEEE *bounce bounce*
Lol, my schnauzer likes to run right in the middle of the cover and then lay on her back and refuse to come back. She does this every time she doesn’t want to come back inside… usually when I’m trying to leave for work in the mornings..7359AC7E-E2F6-4A11-BC3C-43F30982661A.jpeg

I'm envisioning them enjoying the bouncy part of the yard, then having their mind blown when doing so makes a pool on top of the pool. 🤦‍♂️

Like you said, it will be at the most inopportune time to wrangle up wet dogs having the best day ever.

I'm envisioning them enjoying the bouncy part of the yard, then having their mind blown when doing so makes a pool on top of the pool. 🤦‍♂️

Like you said, it will be at the most inopportune time to wrangle up wet dogs having the best day ever.
Pretty much! They learn quickly that you’re not going to come get them from the middle of the pool cover. And they will run all over it every chance they get.

Reactions: Newdude
Anyone know if i should apply the next round of fertilizer being a couple weeks ahead of schedule ?
Put down Milorganite which is slower release and will not burn the new grass. Best secret on the planet for grass!. Looks awesome and the birds didn't come and clean you out. You know the drill keep it moist and since we are in late Sept and fall it will grow like mad and then fill in alot in the spring and by next fall you will be amazed how fast it fills in. By the way I had loop loc and no broken pavers and some seam and some in the middle. Didn't seem to be a hammer drill looked like core and everything was perfecto.

By the way I had loop loc and no broken pavers and some seam and some in the middle. Didn't seem to be a hammer drill looked like core and everything was perfecto
He said they'd do both depending on where and how deep they needed to core.

Now that i'm specifically thinking about it, my old ones were mostly in seams and had minor chips at some of the anchors. They filled in with surface dirt quickly and were never noticed again.

Put down Milorganite which is slower release and will not burn the new grass
I will Google it, THANKS. The Ag Supply gave me a calcium based starter fertilizer, it was a bunch of different colored BB's. It covered 10k foot for a pillow sized bag which was way more potent than the Scotts/Vigaro stuffs in the big sacks.

He said they'd do both depending on where and how deep they needed to core.

Now that i'm specifically thinking about it, my old ones were mostly in seams and had minor chips at some of the anchors. They filled in with surface dirt quickly and were never noticed again.

I will Google it, THANKS. The Ag Supply gave me a calcium based starter fertilizer, it was a bunch of different colored BB's. It covered 10k foot for a pillow sized bag which was way more potent than the Scotts/Vigaro stuffs in the big sacks.
When Milorganite comes in stock at depot or lowes it usually doesn't last long.

Milorganite is a fine slow release fertilizer and is loved primarily because it’s so low in nitrogen and phosphorus you virtually cannot burn anything with it. This late in the season with young turf you want to push growth for overwinter. Look for fertilizer with about 4 times the Nitrogen and Phosphorus content with a little potassium for overall health. If you’ve applied a fast release fertilizer about 4 weeks ago, it can be tickled again. Inside of that I’d wait until you hit the 4 week threshold.

Last edited:
Milorganite is a fine slow release fertilizer and is loved primarily because it’s so low in nitrogen and phosphorus you virtually cannot burn anything with it
And it does give a very nice green to the lawn! Love the product, a key part to my program every year. I put it down this time of year, with the new seed, but also like to use this Scotts product at the same time.

It's on the expensive side because it does a lot in one bag, but found this to be a nice balance for fall overseeding, and keeping out weeds at the same time. Don't want to get into a lawn care debate, or detract from your pool thread, just a product I found to be available locally, and really seems to get the growth of the seeds going before the winter, and I can see the results in the spring.

Don't want to get into a lawn care debate
No debates, we all have different blends / climates / hardiness / local practices. Any thoughts will help someone eventually. :)

or detract from your pool thread
This is my thread we're talking about. :ROFLMAO: All hijacks are still rooted in helping some sort of tangent, which is always welcome. (I even donated to offset the bandwidth we've used)

Bonus points given if the hijacks involve puppies. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love how nicely my new grass came in this year. I didn't do anything to it other than spreading it by hand. This fall I'm going to start researching how to care for it with the lines. I had my brother mowing it this summer n he n his girlfriend started hacking it. It looked terrible towards the end of the season. I cut this myself. Took me an hour to push the pool yard because it was higher than i liked but looks a lot bView attachment 455528etter.
View attachment 455529
For lawn info check out Lawn Care Nut if you haven't already. Lawn Ginger is good too.

Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Milorganite is great fertilizer...if you can get over the fact it is produced by the Milwaukee Metro Sewage District.
hahaha! Yes it is! When I put down the Milogarnite, I also put down the bug killer. The sewage attracts the bugs, then I put down the bug killer to wipe them all out. Makes for a very green, and bug free lawn!

hahaha! Yes it is! When I put down the Milogarnite, I also put down the bug killer. The sewage attracts the bugs, then I put down the bug killer to wipe them all out. Makes for a very green, and bug free lawn!
That is an awesome idea, I wear gators when I mow the lawn because inevitably with shorts and sneaks those friggin bugs get my ankles. With the gators never anymore. Gonna put the bug killer down, didn't do that this year. Definitely next year.

On my back burner, has been to cut the waste pipe from the way too small (yet up to code) drywell, and fabricate 2 useful ends for it. A drain to yard adapter and a spigot adapter for cartridge cleanings. With one union in place, it will be easy to Go Go Gadget the other uses when needed.

Well the wicked thunderstorm pushed it to the front burner when I got home and the pool was full to the brim. 🤦‍♂️ There i was in the flashing booms cutting pipe by hand.

20221005_145643.jpg

It took about 15 minutes to get the water level back to mid skimmer thanks to a beefy pump. I initially broke out the brand new submersible I bought, but also on the back burner was to rig up the right adaptors for it. So today was a double fail. :ROFLMAO:

Were you using the pool pole as a lighting rod? Not advisable lol !
Lightning Thunder GIF by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa

• Haha
In that situation it’s whatever gets the job done. This rain and temp drop made it feel like winter instantly.

I backwashed my pool 3 times to get the water level down. We had at least 6” in 3 days. Crazy.

& here i sit - no rain 🌧️ for weeks..
none in sight either.
i just removed my weir door to delay topping up the pool AGAIN 😵‍💫 because I am about to drain down for closing so it feels like a waste

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.