So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix install

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix ins

Hmm.. Mine is all resin too. I need to do mine but geez its hot as hades right now. I just got through dropping a gas tank off a friends truck and replacing his gas gauge sending unit. My work in the heat level has been reached. Might bond tomorrow.

I was just reading your post, thanks for posting your progress and pictures. We just ordered the exact same pool from PSW and expect delivery tomorrow. We have a lot of work ahead of us! Our site has been dug out, we were fortunate to have a neighbor to clear the area with his bobcat for free. But we still have to work on it more to get it perfectly level. Your pool looks great though, some inspiration for us now!!

bythecreek said:
I was just reading your post, thanks for posting your progress and pictures. We just ordered the exact same pool from PSW and expect delivery tomorrow. We have a lot of work ahead of us! Our site has been dug out, we were fortunate to have a neighbor to clear the area with his bobcat for free. But we still have to work on it more to get it perfectly level. Your pool looks great though, some inspiration for us now!!

It is a fantastic pool!!! My only advise is to take it slow, try not the rush, this will be the only time you put this pool together so make sure it's right. I drove my wife nuts measuring and re-measuring to make sure my circle was true(measure all the way around). Take your time leveling the pavers as well, I have some high and low spots on my floor but from what I can tell I got the legs within 1/2 inch of level all the way around. The more level your posts and bottom wall rail the more structurally sound the pool will be.

Went for our first true swim this morning, I smiled the whole time like the big idiot I am :party:

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

Like tick said take your time and and measure well a lot I used a transit and I am within three tenths on the pavers.I will add sand tomorrow and level out the bottom with the sand I know I am low in some spots but not bad at all so I should be fine. Tick I hope to be smiling with ya in the new t couple of days and my deck should be done by next weekend.

dennard said:
Like tick said take your time and and measure well a lot I used a transit and I am within three tenths on the pavers.I will add sand tomorrow and level out the bottom with the sand I know I am low in some spots but not bad at all so I should be fine. Tick I hope to be smiling with ya in the new t couple of days and my deck should be done by next weekend.

DUDE 3/10ths is frickin insane, d@mn fine job man :goodjob:

My brother use to build roads and drainage system so he was very helpful in getting everything leveled out. i will be updating my post with the finished base

Thanks again! I am passing all this information on to my husband. He is the main one heading up this project, and I'm just the helper! But we will keep you in mind for any questions. Great advise though about not rushing. You are so right, this is the "foundation" for the pool and it needs to be right. I, more than my husband, really needed that! I tend to be a bit impatient!! We will be smiling as big too when we finally take our first swim!

dennard said:
Like tick said take your time and and measure well a lot I used a transit and I am within three tenths on the pavers..
We rented a spinning laser level thing, 6 years later and the water level still looks perfect all the way around. As for the high and low spots, the shorter swimmers like having a spot high enough to stand on so it's all good. :-D We have at least one spot that a mole must have dug out because you can feel the caved in tunnel with your feet. I also had to put a patch in that spot so I wonder if the mole started to gnaw through the liner then hit water. :drown:

Thought I'd update on this years addition. It took WAY longer than I thought it would and it will be a long time before I attempt something of this size again. Big thanks to everyone who posted pictures of their decks which helped a lot with planning and ideas.

1147533_382217645234626_1353882451_o_zps53985c14.jpg

1150519_382217675234623_750099583_o_zpse4e3a6fd.jpg

892604_382217775234613_1188824385_o_zps55abb996.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.