So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix install

Re: So much for waiting 2 years to update - 24 ft Matrix ins

So what did you use to stake your bottom track down with? I notice that it looks like you have some low spots that are between the bottom plates under the bottom track is that an illusion or are you going to fill those areas in with dirt and tamp it real good

dennard said:
So what did you use to stake your bottom track down with? I notice that it looks like you have some low spots that are between the bottom plates under the bottom track is that an illusion or are you going to fill those areas in with dirt and tamp it real good

I used metal landscape stakes, they are about 8 inches long and I have one in between the cuffs all the way around the ring. No optical illusion either there are some low spots but I went back the next night and filled in the low spots. I didn't tamp is down though, I was a little paranoid about disturbing the pavers so I put down a little extra fill which "should" compress as the wall goes in. I will also be back filling around the outside before I put rock around the perimeter.

What has 8 thumbs and got the walls up tonight, this family :)

Replacement parts arrived today in good condition, and we were off and running as the wife got home at 5:30pm. We ended up having to do the wall twice due to a misunderstanding between me and my girls but the second time was the charm. Went ahead and installed the uprights, top rails, and staked off the pool in case some freak storm comes through overnight. Early tomorrow is the cove and working the sand, if the rain hold off I'll try to get the liner installed as well.

We are all a little giddy seeing the walls up, I can see a completion to this part of the project coming up fast and that makes me happy

20120712_194908.jpg

dennard said:
How many yards of sand did to it is take?

Well that is the million dollar question. I ordered 4 yards because I didn't want to be short and ended up moving about 3 yards into the site. I'll update tomorrow night and let you know if I needed more of less. Looking at it I think I have a little too much but this way I can just throw the excess into the yard :)

Glock said:
Bout time slacker! :mrgreen: Looking good! can't wait to see it filled up!

My 9 year old is about to pop. Parts arrived around noon and I was looking at the weather map all afternoon to see if the rain would miss us.

Here, you want me to complicate your life a little? Why not a deep end? :mrgreen: That should keep you working in the heat while longer. lol.

I know what you mean about the kids. My daughter was asking me all kinds of questions and I wasn't the one building it.

Looking good so far.

As for "cheap plastic", I can vouch that the Matrix resin parts certainly aren't "cheap plastic", things happen, you could wreck a steel component just as easily if enough weight is stacked on it and if the order filling crews don't give a Crud.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

sand double tamped for my protection and liner guard in. If my arms start working again I'll put the liner in ----

So of course it started raining right in the middle of installing the liner, but it is done. Tomorrow morning it's time to build the equipment pad and install the skimmer, return and pump/filter. I'm tired, that is all

20120713_194531.jpg

dennard said:
Looks good I can see a really nice deck in the near future

Thanks, deck is coming in the spring. By the way I used around 3 yards of sand, couple of high spots but I can live with it. Don't kill yourself tamping like I did, my nice level and swept floor went out the door once I started adjusting the liner and trying to get the wrinkles out. Shop vac works very well, out liner was a very tight fit and the vac definitely helped getting everything right.

Glock said:
haha!! I knew you would do it today. 3 hoses? Your neighbor know about you using his hose? :mrgreen:

Great work by the way. :goodjob:

Thanks!

Two hoses running off our house and one hooked to a submersible pump draining the intex. If you stand in the water near the intex hose the water feels pretty good, the house lines are cold as $%#@. I wanted to get at least a foot in it tonight, we are supposed to get some storms overnights and I want to make sure it survives

So glad it is almost done :party:

You need a BIG funnel for the storm water. lol Leave the intex up and use what it catches too. I bet you are glad its almost done. I never could have installed mine. Clay and an 8 ft deep dig? Heck no.

Glock said:
You need a BIG funnel for the storm water. lol Leave the intex up and use what it catches too. I bet you are glad its almost done. I never could have installed mine. Clay and an 8 ft deep dig? Heck no.

Intex has about 6 inches of water in it and no I would never have thought about doing your by on my own either. Having the guy with the excavator get me within 2 inches of level was the best money that I've spend in a while.

I call this part of the project DONE!! :party: Started at about 10am and setup the equipment pad on 6 12x12 pavers, installed the pump, filter, skimmer, return, and bonded the walls to the water to the pump. Still need to run a dedicated electrical line so technically I'm not done but that will have to wait a little while cause I'm not getting in the attic to run the new line until this fall when it is not 140 degrees in the attic.

20120714_155421.jpg

Got about 2 inches until I hit the return line, water temp is about 78 degrees which is warmer than I thought it would be. I'm heading out now to take my first set of test results and do a little site cleanup, my yard is a mess.

20120714_155453.jpg

Looks uneven. :hammer:

Just kidding. :lol: Looks fantastic!

Looks great and yours filled up fast! Must be nice! I only had one hose running though so maybe that is why. What are those things between the verticals that look like they are bolted to the wall?

How did you bond it? I don't see a trench but I do see the waterbug part. You are ahead of me there.

Glock said:
Looks uneven. :hammer:

Just kidding. :lol: Looks fantastic!

Looks great and yours filled up fast! Must be nice! I only had one hose running though so maybe that is why. What are those things between the verticals that look like they are bolted to the wall?

How did you bond it? I don't see a trench but I do see the waterbug part. You are ahead of me there.

I think what you are seeing is the landscape stakes that we used to hold the circle in place while the walls went up. One of the reasons I went with the Matrix was that everything is resin except for the wall so there is no need for a halo around the pool. Cuffs, bottom and top rails, and the uprights are all resin so I just needed to bond the water, walls, to the pump. Little bit more money was easily worth it not to half to dig anymore. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.