Smorobot X10 review

My ultra fine basket picks up pretty much everything, loads of desert dirt, leaves and little beasties, it does a better job than my dolphin S300i ever did.
Can you tell a difference on the mesh on the regular and ultrafine? I can't and the labeling is not great so I'm not 100% sure which is which. Maybe I got two regulars?

You might run OCLT to make sure you don't have algae. Should pick up that stuff.
OCLT was good, lost 0ppm. I think part of it is the shape of my above ground pool walls. They're not perfectly vertical but have a bit of a curve to them, so the X11 tends to not stick to the wall as it gets to the waterline. I wish I had a way to turn my X11 into the X10 and do a standard clean but without the walls. Maybe that's what fast mode is, but if that's the case, doesn't the X10 have two modes too?

Yes, but have standard and fast mode. Fast mode barely got much of my pool. It thought it was finished after 75 minutes. My kidney shape and large radii drove it nuts (literally 🤣).

I am using an x11 as well. First one lasted 2 and 1/3 standard cleans before it ceased to function. The company was very quick to send a replacement which I was pleased with. Second one has been going strong for a few weeks.
1 this g I have noticed is that I must be strategic with initial placement or it thinks that the ramp from deep to shallow is a wall and then will only do the deep end. It seems if I drop it in the middle of the ramp, head towards the shallow, it initializes in such a way that it will do the whole pool. Start it at either end and it will find its way to the deep end and stay there.
It also seems to have an issue with a shelf we have that causes it to flip and Bob at the top of the water for some time before sinking and going back to work. I took a video and sent to the company and am told they are sending me a "programming fix". Not sure how that will work unless the charge port somehow doubles as a programming port.
Overall I have been pleased with what it picks up, our pool does not appear to harbor alot of dirt but the amount of dirt and hair it picks up with each run never ceases to amaze me.

I just received my X11 today. I, too, wish it had a Floor Only mode. I've only used it once obviously so it's a bit too soon to give a legitimate review. I did notice on the Smorobot website that there is a firmware update that's supposed to make several improvements to cleaning performance...BUT you have to first order a free cable from them. I have no idea why this wasn't just included in the box to begin with and there doesn't seem to be any way to determine if the unit I received already has the new firmware onboard (though I'm assuming it doesn't).

Anyway, I'll give it 29 days and then return it to Amazon if it gets flakey. I don't want to be stuck with yet another robot like my solar powered Ariel; I've had to warranty replace it 4 or 5 times already and sure wish I could just get my money back at this point...

This thing is advertised to have "188 watts of suction power"; I know that can be misleading when it's used for vacuums in general, but I'm curious to know how much more (or less) suction power a typical electric cabled robotic cleaner has for those of you that have had both types.

Wish my X10 had worked out. I've seen several posts on their site of units not powering off. Hopefully you'll have a winner!

I ended up with an Aquabot SP200 from Target for under $500. It's almost identical to my 9 year old Rapids 4WD. Baskets are interchangeable, and cable has anti-twist mechanism. I cut and spliced cable to the length my pool needs (35') so it's easily wrapped and put away after use. So far 3 cycles doing well. Climbs walls much better than my old Aquabot.

I just received my X11 today. I, too, wish it had a Floor Only mode. I've only used it once obviously so it's a bit too soon to give a legitimate review. I did notice on the Smorobot website that there is a firmware update that's supposed to make several improvements to cleaning performance...BUT you have to first order a free cable from them. I have no idea why this wasn't just included in the box to begin with and there doesn't seem to be any way to determine if the unit I received already has the new firmware onboard (though I'm assuming it doesn't).

Anyway, I'll give it 29 days and then return it to Amazon if it gets flakey. I don't want to be stuck with yet another robot like my solar powered Ariel; I've had to warranty replace it 4 or 5 times already and sure wish I could just get my money back at this point...

This thing is advertised to have "188 watts of suction power"; I know that can be misleading when it's used for vacuums in general, but I'm curious to know how much more (or less) suction power a typical electric cabled robotic cleaner has for those of you that have had both types.
I pretty much use floor only cleaning on my X11, the way you do that is to only charge it up to when 7 green lights are solid and the 2 outer lights are flashing green, once you see that disconnect the power cable, select ‘S’ on the power switch when you put it in the pool, and it will only clean the floor, I use the fast charger to charge the X11, it takes around 40 minutes to get it to the state for floor only and will clean the floor for a tad over two hours.
So far I am happy with the way it cleans the floor, I’ve had it since May.

Just pulled the smorobot out of storage for the winter and gave it the rough task of picking up a bunch of the leaves and similar in my pool. It took about 3 cycles, each coming back with a totally full basket, to rid the pool of most of the leaves. It seems to be doing a pretty good job with the sand, dirt, and sediment that blew in over winter too. I'll update on how it does once my dog starts getting into the pool again, but for now it seems to be doing the job. I haven't had any issues with reliability thus far, though I am curious about the upgraded model with the floor only mode...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just pulled the smorobot out of storage for the winter and gave it the rough task of picking up a bunch of the leaves and similar in my pool. It took about 3 cycles, each coming back with a totally full basket, to rid the pool of most of the leaves. It seems to be doing a pretty good job with the sand, dirt, and sediment that blew in over winter too. I'll update on how it does once my dog starts getting into the pool again, but for now it seems to be doing the job. I haven't had any issues with reliability thus far, though I am curious about the upgraded model with the floor only mode...
If you contact support with your order number they will send you a programming cable and firmware update to enable the floor only mode (it replaces fast mode)

Reactions: maggiesfan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.