Thundermountain

May 17, 2020
NYC
Hello, guys, I am trying to open the pool myself this summer, I have been having this leak since last year as well I just never found a solution, just a small leak at the pump ring and no matter how i try to move the pump or ring around it doesn't stop the leak 98158239_242730793723932_1499208182059237376_n.jpg97029766_297601044571039_796928304144711680_n.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Are you referring to the outlet adapter coming out of the pump? Is it leaking from the black adapter's threads where it mates to the pump outlet? If so, dd you try a little silicone lube on that adapter O-ring and/or putting anything on the threads (i.e. few wraps of Teflon tape) that the adapter screws on to?

Teflon tape likely made it worse. If that connection is using a union with an o-ring then both mating surfaces need to be smooth and debris free. Teflon tape on the threads will do nothing to stop the leak and anything on the face of the union will prevent the o-ring for doing its job. @Texas Splash's suggestion is on the money and should resolve your leak unless the o-ring or face of the union is damaged.

Also, you don't need to crank on the lock ring, just snug it down hand tight and let the o-ring do it's job. Too much force on the lock ring will crack it, then you will definitely have a larger project/leak on your hands.

I had a leak on one of my valve at the O ring and after the 4th time I looked closely and it had a high spot that was even with the O ring. Casting error, may look at your closely and make sure they are flush.
It’s hard to see high spot with black fittings against a black O ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.