SLAMming Confused: Deal w CYA First? What is “SLAM Level”?

I know the feeling. You will be soooooo happy when you are back on SWCG, you are way ahead of the curve. That first year, I stayed on LC, and it was fine. Then I installed a stenner tank for chlorine dosing and it worked really well. I finally switched to SWCG fall of 21. Man I couldn't imagine going back to lugging jugs. And FC is so stable, it's kinda like magic.

Ok, @PoolStored my wife literally just asked me:

“Do you think the pool will ever be clear “

Me:

“Yes.”

Her:

“How many more days?”

Hit me back, man. She’s waiting. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Ok, @PoolStored my wife literally just asked me:

“Do you think the pool will ever be clear “

Me:

“Yes.”

Her:

“How many more days?”

Mine took 15 lol some are more, some are less but I always plan 2 weeks when starting up from hibernation

Reactions: stretchphoto
HAHAHHAHAJAAAAAA!! This is awesome.
As I said, I passed AP chem. Searched everywhere for someone to explain the chemistry to me. When I saw these two threads, I bit HARD. I would have spent $500 in LC to clear the pool and not have to go back to the Pool Store. Now, it all makes soooooo much sense...

I would say you are ~40% done looking at the pool. Once you pass that last tinge of green in your last picture you are about 50-60% done. The last part is all about the filter. Sand filters take the longest to clear. Adding DE will certainly speed it. I would tell her, "do you love me?" her: "yes" You: "do you trust me?" her:"yes" You: "I don't know, but it will be clear, and when it clear I will know how to keep it that way..."

Cool. I told her end of next week.
Note that @clambert1273 said, "I always plan 2 weeks when starting up from hibernation" We have no clue the condition of their pool after hibernation vs. yours as it stood in the beginning. There is no timetable on a SLAM. Every pool is different...

Show your wife the TFP Clear thread!!!

Last edited:
Note that @clambert1273 said, "I always plan 2 weeks when starting up from hibernation" We have no clue the condition of their pool after hibernation vs. yours as it stood in the beginning. There is no timetable on a SLAM. Every pool is different...

Show your wife the TFP Clear thread!!!
Lol let me show it 😂😂IMG_2091.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lol let me show it 😂😂
Point well taken, and cool pool!

Every pool is going to take a certain amount of time and FC to clear it. Even if two pools are at the same starting point, the time it takes is dependent on sooooo many factors, the greatest of which is diligence. I'm willing to spend 18 hours a day doing a slam, checking every two hours...check my first logs for my one and only SLAM...10am to 2am, every 2-3 hours. I will clear my "same starting point" pool way faster than someone that tests and replaces FC three times a day!

Point well taken, and cool pool!

Every pool is going to take a certain amount of time and FC to clear it. Even if two pools are at the same starting point, the time it takes is dependent on sooooo many factors, the greatest of which is diligence. I'm willing to spend 18 hours a day doing a slam, checking every two hours...check my first logs for my one and only SLAM...10am to 2am, every 2-3 hours. I will clear my "same starting point" pool way faster than someone that tests and replaces FC three times a day!
Agreed plus my climate factors in as my temps in spring are probably most people's summer highs 😂😂 Like you, I will test & dose every 2 hours until it swings blue & cloudy then I decrease to a few times a day as I wait for filter

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.