SLAMING! Slime Bags,pH, and More

shawes

Gold Supporter
Apr 14, 2020
Houston, Texas
Thank you to several members for the encouragement in getting my algae problems under control myself!
I will start the SLAMING procedure this morning. Pictures and readings to come.
I have well water and bought one of those 1micron Slime bags.
Should I use it? Or will I never need it again?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200426-103837_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200426-103837_Gallery.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
Say, I just noticed the steps in your pic. Watch those! Steps are notorious for holding algae inside and underneath. At some point, you will want to remove those. Maybe get some help, but algae will definitely hide in there and interfere with your SLAM Process.

Reactions: Natalieone1
Say, I just noticed the steps in your pic. Watch those! Steps are notorious for holding algae inside and underneath. At some point, you will want to remove those. Maybe get some help, but algae will definitely hide in there and interfere with your SLAM Process.
Thank you! I do plan to pull those today before I start brushing and vacuuming. I'm short and am saving that for when hubby is here to help me climb out afterwards! ?

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
Following the SLAM procedure. When I retest amd I retesting all spectrums or just FC? I did read the article but am not clear on that. Do I continue to test for CYA to adjust what my FC is supposed to be?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
NM! I missed the video part. I'm going to eventually get this!!
Ha ha. No worries. You'll be surprised how quickly you absorb all of this. Yes, for now focus on FC testing. Once the water gets almost clear, you can check the CCs. Don't mess with the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test until you can see the bottom clearly. Happy SLAMming!

• Love
Reactions: shawes
The CYA level doesn’t change frequently. If you have to backwash your filter a lot, then it’s possible that you might lose some CYA, but probably not enough to really be concerned about. Stick with the FC level of 28.

Thank you!

Hey Brett! I can see the bottom now so tested my CYA. It's down and my FC is still at the level I was using for the higher number. The water is still cloudy but not green. Do I allow my FC to start dropping now to be in line with the new CYA number? Or keep it high until it completely clear? I didn't find this info in the SLAM section. Thank you for your help!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.