Site issue today (6/5/20)??

I assume these errors clicking on the alerts or trying to load our profiles is a part of this migration?

nPAx1oM.png

Hey, I’m the pool math developer and have been helping @Leebo a bit with this latest migration. We’ve considered moving to Azure, but the problem is (well the in-problem I guess) the hosting company we are with are absolutely phenomenal when it comes to dealing with issues of the forum software itself and helping to optimize the site itself. Moving to azure or aws, we’d be on our own there or have to spend even more for such a service. This latest update is all virtualized and uses a setup similar to how we would do it on azure. In theory if needed we can clone and add more web servers on short notice and even scale up the database service with about 15 min downtime while it reboots with the new resource allocations.

The site is far more responsive this morning than it has been in quite some time. So the migration worked. Be sure you clear the cache of your web browser so you get clean installs.

Last edited:
Right now all links in the Table of contents are broken. Additionally any links from vBulletin (contains the word content) to Wordpress (contains the word Blog) are also broken. What we’re unsure of is why they’re down. We’re going to peak more at it today why the file isn’t being read correctly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A few updates from this morning (6-8)

—An issue with searching users posts should have been addressed. The main time this was occurring was when you’d click on a users post count via their profile. Before it would give you an error, it should now work.

—Still waiting to hear more about why redirects aren’t working for Pool School

—Should have got the issue when uploading photos in the Wiki sorted

—I’m seeing an odd amount of errors from avatars resulting in white boxes. Looking to see what’s up there

—Got an issue in PoolMath sorted out where new users couldn't register

—Addresses the issue in PoolMath where the App would actually crash when put into the background. All those whom have seen the issue where it would lose your data when jumping between Apps.......this should fix your issue

I think that’s what I got for now. Thanks to all who have pointed out issues. This was a move that we really wanted to avoid, especially this time of the year, but it really needed to be done.

@Leebo

You know that PS TOC looks like this and most links don't work?

View attachment 145398

This appears to be the last issue, and we’ve got no idea why these darn links aren’t getting updated! I’ve been in contact with a few individuals and we’re gonna take another crack at it again.

The avatars were a config issue that the host addressed quickly so those should now be addressed as well. 👍

Search is only Google Search. Is TFP search coming back? It did somethings better then Google Search.

Reactions: mguzzy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.