Shellock or marble for pool deck

gampie11

Nov 19, 2022
Jax, FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My original pool deck order was canceled so my back to deciding what to get… considering shellock (ivory) or leathered marble (fantastic royal).

Have children, have had a stroke (balance issues), salt water pool & half of lanai deck will be covered.

Looking for:
-not slippery
-not a ton of maintenance
-not stain easy or can clean easier
-not hot

Was told sealing either will make them slippery… thoughts on that too?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TFP! I am sad to hear your original pick was cancelled.

What I would do is get a few samples of both kinds of decking you are thinking of and put them in your yard and put water on them and see how they feel when you walk on them barefoot. How easy is it to slip your foot on each one? How hot does it get before you add the water?

Hi and welcome to TFP! I am sad to hear your original pick was cancelled.

What I would do is get a few samples of both kinds of decking you are thinking of and put them in your yard and put water on them and see how they feel when you walk on them barefoot. How easy is it to slip your foot on each one? How hot does it get before you add the water?
Thank you for responding : )

Fortunately we did those things but wondering if someone had experience with either Shellock or Marble -good or bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.