Separate heater for spa?

SSinNC

Jan 10, 2021
NC
I just moved into a house with an in-ground pool with spillover spa. It has an electric heat pump for pool/spa heating, which I understand is great for extending the pool season. Unfortunately, this setup isn’t very good for heating the spa on demand. From what I understand, it would take hours to heat the spa by 30-40 degrees to make is usable in the colder months. I’m looking for a recommendation to heat the spa only - something that would allow it to heat up quickly for on-demand use (like 30 minutes or so). We do have natural gas at the house and lines in the vicinity of the pool equipment.

Welcome to the forum!
That can be done. A standard natural gas fired heater plumbed in correctly will work. Take a few pictures of your equipment pad and post them. Also fill out your signature so we know what equipment you have, including any automation.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

We do have natural gas at the house and lines in the vicinity of the pool equipment.
You may want to read the label on your gas meter. It should have a number in it such as 200 or 250 or 400. This indicates the maximum gas cubic foot rating. If you want a big heater to heat your spa quickly (like a 400BTU size) you need to ensure that your gas meter can supply sufficient gas to it. You can change out your meter but that is a added expense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.