Atlanta, GA and St Croix USVI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello - discovered today we have been completely scammed by a company based out of St Thomas USVI with whom we were working to remodel an existing pool on the island of St Croix. We are sickened and frustrated. If anyone can refer us to a reputable contractor, please let us know. Thank you!
Amy

Attachments

• BA9B6053-6ACA-44B6-87C6-291D6848267B.jpeg
    BA9B6053-6ACA-44B6-87C6-291D6848267B.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Sad
Reactions: kimkats
So this is not the house you live in I take it. IS there ANYONE around there that you could ask? I hope they did not get much of your money :(
Kim! How are you!? Has been eons since I’ve been here. This actually is our pool on St Croix, but what you cannot see are all of its problems. Soooo many. We need to resurface, retile, new equipment, etc and thought since we have to do so much to it, thought why not do an infinity edge? It’s such a mess. This guy is an old friend of a dear friend - and he took a deposit two months ago to get a structural engineer out there and no one has ever shown up. We’ve begged for an estimate and it has gotten worse every day. I’ve had a really bad feeling about it for over six weeks, but was trying to be patient. The only thing delivered is an overblown, over-designed video addressing things that we specifically did not want. Nothing else. Now he’s losing his mind that we’ve asked for our deposit back and says he’s filing a lien on our property. It would be funny if I hadn’t worked myself up into a tizzy today - because you have to actually have a contract or have performed work to file a lien. This is our happy place - and we just want peace. Do you know of any of our members are on St Croix? I’m on a plane and the search tool isn’t working well.
Thanks - and hope all is well in your neck of the woods -
Amy

I visited St Croix with my brother many many many years ago when we young men, single, and out for a fun time. It was so beautiful there and I can see why many would love to own a home and live there full time. But I’ve got to imagine it’s hard to find good contractors for anything. I wish you luck in finding someone!

Reactions: AmyJo
Now he’s losing his mind that we’ve asked for our deposit back and says he’s filing a lien on our property
sigh................how do people like this sleep at night??
This is our happy place - and we just want peace. Do you know of any of our members are on St Croix?
I will see if there is any way to to find out who lives where. I will also post something asking for help in finding someone who lives in that area of the world.

I will see if there is any way to to find out who lives where.
It's come up a few times and we don't have a way to search by location, except for using the location as a search term, then seeing what threads come up and the local members replying/starting a 'St Croix' thread or one that mentions it in the posts. The downside is that old threads that pop up will have local members who haven't visited in years and won't see new questions.

I visited St Croix with my brother many many many years ago when we young men, single, and out for a fun time. It was so beautiful there and I can see why many would love to own a home and live there full time. But I’ve got to imagine it’s hard to find good contractors for anything. I wish you luck in finding someone!
Thank you! It is beautiful and so much is still unspoiled. We fell in love with the island, but you are correct, really difficult to find good contractors.

It's come up a few times and we don't have a way to search by location, except for using the location as a search term, then seeing what threads come up and the local members replying/starting a 'St Croix' thread or one that mentions it in the posts. The downside is that old threads that pop up will have local members who haven't visited in years and won't see new questions.
I’m finally home and will try to search for St Croix. Even though Delta now has “free WiFi,” it did not work well. Thank you.

Reactions: Newdude
sigh................how do people like this sleep at night??

I will see if there is any way to to find out who lives where. I will also post something asking for help in finding someone who lives in that area of the world.
I honestly do not know. When we landed tonight we received texts that he was filing a lien against us and threatened to sue. To file a lien you have to actually DO something. It’s laughable, but a headache we do NOT need.
Thank you Kim. I appreciate your concern.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.