School me on the correct jandy VS pump to use?

Rossterman

Jun 5, 2016
Martinez, CA
As per my pool information in my signature below, Imam currently using a jandy stealth 1hp pump for my circulation. I chose this size as the pump curve worked perfectly to match the elevation and gpm flow recommended for the solar panels on my roof. It has worked great these last 15 years (albeit with one motor and pump seal rebuild during that time. At the time, VS pumps were in their infancy so just stayed with basic single speed pump.

I recently reduced the solar panels on the roof to accommodate space for electrical solar and so flow rate is too high to work properly with the panels as they are now configured. Also would like to reduce the noise of the pump running and go to 24hr operation if possible. I have an rs8 iaqualink with all relays taken up for various pool and yard equipment.

Is it possible to add a jandy VS pump,with this configuration? I want it to be linked to the solar so when it comes on, the speed of,the pump increases the proper amount to get the flow and pressure required then return to a lower speed when the solar is off. If this is doable, what jandy pump model should I purchase? There seems to be 2 or 3 in the same category so confused which one to .choose

Just checked it. It’s a rev R model. The iaqualink upgrade kit came with the updated board (or chip iirc) in order to allow it to work with cell phone and internet control needed with iaqualiink. My original board was a rev m.

Don;t get a pump with SVRS and I don't like the ePumps that have no control panel on the pump. Otherwise any of the Jandy VS pumps will work for you. See what you can get at a good price.

Consider...

Jandy has pretty much shutdown all internet sales and warranty coverage for DIY installs. So you need to buy it and have it installed through a Jandy dealer if you want warranty coverage. See what pump they recommend.

Funny you say that as I was surprised to find zero for sale on sale on the web# even through major pool equipment suppliers when I was looking this week. I’ve used,theor tech support lime last year and they did seem more customer focused where before theymwouldn’t give you the time of day unless you were a commercial account. Too bad as they are really shooting themselves in the foot. I think the system will operate pentair and hayward vs pumps as well so unfortunately, Jandy, you’ll lose yet another sale because I’m unwilling to spend $1000 more to have someone else install it even though I’m more than qualified.

My kids are speccing a new pool build right now and quite frankly I told them to stay away from jandy/zodiac due to their lack of support for DIYer. Too bad they don’t reconsider. It has got to be costing them a lot in missed sales.

So, I guess as a modified question, what non-jandy VS pump is the best choice....?

Pentair Intelliflo 011028 or 011056.

My understanding the Auqalink will control the basic VS function but not flow and other stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.