Sans removal/ skimmer socks

Dec 3, 2017
Surrey
Hey guys whats everyones thoughts on skimmer soaks for small particle filtering from trees?

Also, any advice on getting sand out from bottom of pool. Brother in law lressure washed a bunch into pool and when vaccuum it up it just blows back in ?underwater vaccuum or something thats separate from pool?

Skimmer socks in the basket on the vacuum may work. Pretty cheap to try out. Anyone one of the robots generally talked about here will make short work of sand.

I have a pepper tree that drops peppercorns that float and that got through the skimmer basket, an extra big leaf basket, and the basket on the pump. The skimmer socks solved that problem. I was skeptical when I got them but they are amazing. One lasts me about 2-3 months and then eventually develops a hole and needs replacing. I got them on Amazon about $13 for 30. Should last for years at the rate I'm using them.

Recommend an affordable one?

I bought the Pentair warrior SE which is a dolphin active 20..I just cleaned mine out again and the filters ere brown with dirt. Wasn't expecting it to catch that much fine dirt! They were lite brown with dirt

I paid $699 from marine pool and spa mentioned here and got the upgraded filters..Like it a Lot better then the old Polaris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Most end up spending $700 or more to get a robot that works well and is reliable. Dolphin is the primary player in that space as noted above. NOTE - The Pentair Warrior SE is (as also noted above) a rebranded Dolphin.

Most end up spending $700 or more to get a robot that works well and is reliable. Dolphin is the primary player in that space as noted above. NOTE - The Pentair Warrior SE is (as also noted above) a rebranded Dolphin.

It took me a couple of years to convince myself not to spend money on a robot but I am glad I did..It not only gets leaves but scrubs up dead algae and other small stuff. Plus it scrubs the wall :)

Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.