Jun 14, 2018
Harrington
Hi all! I have a brand new Intex pool and 2100pgh Intex sand pump. Everyday there Is a ton of sand in the pool. Any other explanations other than broken laterals? The person who installed it couldn’t get the top on the pump and tried to hammer the pipe down! Come to find out her didn’t fill the pump with water after the sand.

I had the same situation. The top of the stand pipe was broken. Had a big, gaping hole. The pool repair guy put my replacement in and tried to force it and same thing happened to my brand new standpipe. Now with new laterals , standpipe, and multiport , mine seems to be on the mend.

I had the same situation. The top of the stand pipe was broken. Had a big, gaping hole. The pool repair guy put my replacement in and tried to force it and same thing happened to my brand new standpipe. Now with new laterals , standpipe, and multiport , mine seems to be on the mend.
Did you have a Intex one by chance?? I cant seem to find the parts!

Since your Intex is new, I would call them - omit the hammering part. :hammer: . There have been some positive experiences where Intex sent a replacement part. If that doesn't work out, call a Pool Supply online resource like InyoPools. I'm sure one of them can help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.