Florence, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I recently installed a flow meter in my pool plumbing. My GPM hangs out around 33 with my VS pump at full speed (3450 rpm).

So, today I reconnected my third return that used to have a second pump running a Polaris cleaner. This third return allowed me to get to about 36gpm.
Then I removed the eyeball jets from the other two returns to decrease resistance just to see what I could get my GPM up to. It came up to 40gpm, and my filter pressure dropped from 20psi to 18psi.

Here is my question: I'm currently on Day 18 of a SLAM, will my sand filter work better at 40gpm/18psi or 36gpm/20psi? I know my water circulation will not be as good without the eyeball jets installed, but right now I really want to filter as much water as I can to help me finish up this SLAM.

My equipment pad:
equipmentpad.jpeg

My new flow meter: This picture taken before I restored the third return.
flowmeter.jpeg

My 2021 SLAM progress photo album:

The more water flowing and the less PSI is better... You can add DE to your filter to make it go faster... Add until the pressure in your filter raises 1 psi... you will need to watch your filter closely as the PSI will raise because you will catch more with DE :)

Reactions: Major_in_MS
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.