Running two JVAs in parallel?

John Kacher

Jun 18, 2022
The Woodlands, TX
I have a heater bypass that is currently controlled by a manual Jandy valve. What I would like to do is to put a Jandy Valve Actuator (JVA) on that valve so that it turns when the pool goes into spa mode, thus making water flow through the heater. It should run in tandem with the current JVA that controls outflow back to the spa (I.e. they turn at the same time).

Trouble is, I’m out of JVA sockets, and also out of relay sockets. My setup is a Jandy RS6 with PDA and iAqualink. I also have a pool chiller that is automated with two JVAs — this is why I don’t have any relays or JVA sockets left.

The reason I bypass my heater on a normal basis is that the heater causes a lot of resistance, which reduces the flow to my in floor system (A&A). With that reduction in flow, the heads won’t pop up in all zones and it can’t clean effectively.

I suppose I could upgrade the chip on my PCB to an RS8 chip, and then use AUX6 or 7 with a Jandy relay board kit to do this. Another idea is to wire in the new JVA with the spa outflow JVA (literally join the matching color wires together), but this might overload the 24v that supplies the JVA (don’t know how much current this circuit can handle).

Any other ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.