Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I very much like swimming in saltwater so i keep my salt level at the max. Will this in any way wear anything out faster than running at the minimum?

I remember seeing somewhere here that running max salt level will shorten the lifespan of the salt cell. Not sure but hopefully others will chime in. Hope this helps :cheers:

I very much like swimming in saltwater so i keep my salt level at the max. Will this in any way wear anything out faster than running at the minimum?

What salt ppm level do you have? Do you measure it with the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test ? What is the cells recommended salt range?

I remember seeing somewhere here that running max salt level will shorten the lifespan of the salt cell. Not sure but hopefully others will chime in. Hope this helps :cheers:

Depends on the specific cell and how they regulate their current through it. Some cells shutdown when they sense high slat to protect themselves. Some cell electronics are designed to not overdrive the cell even at high salt levels.

Depends on the specific cell and how they regulate their current through it. Some cells shutdown when they sense high slat to protect themselves. Some cell electronics are designed to not overdrive the cell even at high salt levels.
Thanks AJ I can’t see what swg poolgates has as I am posting on iPhone and I can’t see signatures. ?

To clarify i want to run the max my cell will take. Like close to 4000. K-1766.

What does the cell manual recommend? How cells handle high salt depends on the specific electronic controls it has. You can't generalize.

To further clarify, I want to run at the max my SWG specs out, which is 3500ppm. I tested at 3000ppm using the K-1766 (SWG shows 3800). So I want to add another @ 80lbs of salt (SWG will probably show over 4000ppm). I am really just wondering if running at the highest recommended level of salt as apposed to the lowest will affect longevity of the cell or anything else.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.