RPM vs GPM

M,

The idea that you have to pass your water through the filter x times a day is just a myth made up by people that don't really understand what the filter does... :)

Chemicals keep your pool clear and sanitized.. The filter just captures the junk that falls into your pool.

I suggest that you run at the lowest RPM that keeps your pool skimmed.. I run my VS pump at 1200 RPM, most of the time and don't care if I turn the pool water over or not..

And... if you think about it... once the first gallon of water has passed through the filter and goes back to the pool, what prevents it from going through the filter again.. The more you run the less likely that all the water is going to be run through the filter anyway..

The whole point of running a VS pump is to run slow and save on the electrical bill..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Per the Hayward online calculator my Total Dynamic Head is 37.0 feet
Very unlikely with that pump at full speed. Those online calculators are all but worthless. They usually neglect half of the plumbing contributions.

What size is your plumbing?

What is the distance between the pump and pool?

What is the filter pressure?

What kind/size filter do you have?

Given the age of the pool, my guess is 1 1/2" plumbing? Average pool with 1 1/2" plumbing would be about 64 GPM @ 68' of head on full speed. The flow rate scales with RPM (e.g. 50% speed > 50% flow rate).

But as others have mentioned, the flow rate really isn't going to be all that important unless you have a very small filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.