Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

Re: Rounding the Corner to a New Pool Build

Surgery is scheduled tomorrow for his head! Hope all goes well! I'll update you as soon as I know something!

I went to the hospital today for the surgery and never made it!!! OMG... Downtown Pittsburgh flooded out soon after I left the house! It was not a good day for me. He did have the surgery though and they went in and cleaned it out and it relieved a lot of pressure and his head aches so it was a success!

We're home and on the road to recovery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I'm very glad he's home. So lucky to get a second chance!!!

He's doing well but is very sore. We have to go back to Pittsburgh on Monday to have his cap removed. They stapled it to his head. I got him all cleaned up n he's eating pizza right now. Going to bed soon. I'm still exhausted from everything. It'll be nice to wake up to him tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts n prayers.

Jim had a decent day at home today. He was restless last night, which in turn had me pretty restless but he's doing as well as can be expected. I'm very surprised that he has come this far in such a short amount of time. He's got the drs with their mouths gaped open. People just don't survive the injuries he sustained and walk out of the hospital in a week + 1 day!!! :shock:

The Insurance Co totaled the bike. I'm so glad that it will not be coming back to the house. He doesn't even want to see it. He is actually starting to remember bits and pieces of the accident. I can't stop that from happening but I wish it would stay a blur to him. It was pretty scary just hearing about it!!!

Jim asked me today if I were going to put the pool up? I told him I just don't have the energy to do it myself. I actually called an installer today and he called me back. We talked for a bit... He's got 20 years experience and he said he may have to hire me to help him after I told him this is #4. He's suppose to come out on Sunday to look at the pool site. Maybe I'll have him do the install in August for us. I just can't do it after all we've been through. :(

Hi Casey: well I started reading your post tonight and got very excited because we have a very similar build on the downside of a hill like yours, not as great a slope, so I was actively engaged in your story, I too have the same liner! And then POW, your accident happened. I almost feel like it happened to a friend after reading all the posts. I continued reading holding my breath and was so glad it ended with a homecoming!!

My brothers were in a pretty bad accident when teens and I am an avid Non biker person. Don't like 'em! So happy that you and your hubby are together again and such fighters. When and if you continue on your pool, please let us know, I will be watching and praying for you both .Life is like a box of chocolates...ya just never know what you're gonna get. Just reminds us how fragile life can be. Praying your finances will be o.k. through all this and that he will recover 100%. God bless you both....Becci in Texas

18' round Sharkline Matrix, sta-rite pump, sand filter, Hayward salt cell, Gorilla Pad, composite deck

Thanks Becci. It's been one heck of a ride through this build and then the accident. I am so done with the bike. He has mentioned a retirement bike and it sooooooo is nooooooot gonna happen!!!! No way I can ever see him or another human being in that condition!!!

An update... I took him back to the plastic surgeons today and we got a HUGE thumbs up! Come to find out that the patch on his head is actually cadaver skin which I think is AMAZING! lol He got the majority of the staples out today but the patch is still being held in place with several staples. What will happen is, his body will eventually reject that cadaver skin. It will dry up and just start flaking away. It looks very dark and has adhered nicely to the head wound just like it was intended to do. The dr said that it may get leaky and start draining and to just put gauze on it if it does. Once it starts healing, it will just flake off. I think it's rather interesting how our bodies work in amazing ways, even cadavers. He has also been released to shower when he wants! He was so happy because today was his first shower since 7/3!

He goes back next Tuesday to see the surgeon who actually did the procedure. He is looking at future skin grafting and possibly having an implant placed in his head to have it stretch the skin so that he can have hair back in that spot. He's really missing a significant piece of scalp. :shock: I'm talking 3"x6" area.

We go to see the neurologist in August. I fear that he has suffered some form of memory loss due to the head injury. It seems to be limited to searching for the correct words to use. He knows what he wants to say but can't think of them. Almost like he stops mid sentence and starts fishing for words. Only time will tell on how this will play out. It could have been so much worse!

As far as the pool goes, I had a professional installer come out and give me a bid. He's got 20 years experience and once the bike is paid off, I'll just have him out in August to do the work. I'm just too tired after all of this.

I am grateful for all of you who have prayed with me to get Jim & I through this. It feels so good to know that when I do get to lay down and go to sleep, that he is right there beside me. :-D

Thoughts and prayers are still with you guys. So glad that he has made it onto the road to recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

lol :mrgreen:

My brother just has an accident on a quad he bought. He asked Jim if he wanted to buy it today and I just had to answer for him. But... he's having surgery on Wednesday because he broke the arch in his foot and the heel. :shock:

Ouch!

I get going plenty fast with pedal power. I can't imagine the reaction time required for 2 wheels and a motor!

I'm glad there is such a tight community here for you to reach out to. If we were in the area I would volunteer to come help with the pool setup. A good old fashioned barn raising ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.