Replacing Pool Heater

Here's what I have to offer:
  • I have a Jandy Jxi and I'm happy with it.
  • It seems to me the most recommended heater is a Raypack.
  • If you're doing the replace yourself though Jandy will not warranty it unless you do not buy online and you have a dealer warranty it. If you're using a dealer this wouldn't matter.
  • If you use iAqualink you may lose some of your features with a different brand or at least it may be more complicated to set up.
I hope this helps.

Chris

I've been very happy with Teledyne/Laars/Jandy gas heaters. First one lasted 15 years and only died because of an early freeze before I had winterized it. Second one is going on 9 years old with no sign of issues. I think if you take care of them and are careful with chlorine/chemical exposure, they can easily last 15-20 years.

I've been very happy with Teledyne/Laars/Jandy gas heaters. First one lasted 15 years and only died because of an early freeze before I had winterized it. Second one is going on 9 years old with no sign of issues. I think if you take care of them and are careful with chlorine/chemical exposure, they can easily last 15-20 years.

I agree. The Laars Lite2 I had (was already installed when I bought the house) worked way beyond it's intended lifespan.
The membrane power switch had worn down though and was starting to fail, then I too lost the heat exchanger by not
draining it prior to a "once every 10 years severe deep freeze winter blast." But I decided to replace it with a Raypak based
on recommendations here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.