Replacing my Spa Light

timjet

Sep 4, 2015
Leesburg, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Do I need to drain water below the level of the light to change it. Also am looking to upgrade the light. I have a Pentair Easy Touch 4 pool automation system. What options do I have? The spa light is powered my a 12 volt transformer.

I assume this is a 'nicheless light'? Nearly all pool lights can be changed without lowering the water level.

Let us know what light you have -- or post a picture of it.

The spa light is probably circa 1995 so incandescent. The light is connected to a 100 amp transformer at 12 volts. It has 2 wires going to it. These new color changing lights that can be controlled by the Easy Touch system, are those LED lights controlled by more than 2 wires, hot and neutral is all I have?

The color changing lights still have just two wires. They use a circuit board to manage the colors.

You should be able to get a replacement LED light for the fixture. I suggest calling InyoPools if you wish Pentair or some of the other manufactures listed in the article if you wish to change.

For the benefit of any future viewers of this thread be aware that these spa and pool lights have replaceable bulbs. I know this sounds like common sense but I was under the impression that replacement met replacing the entire fixture. Bulbs are available for both spa and pool in both incandescent and LED and color changing LED at a much cheaper price than replacing the fixture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.